Teknic Out Of Business?

Duc2V4

• Member Contributer

I saw in one of the "local" MC forums that Teknic is going out of, or is already out of business and that most places are blowing out their gear. Has anyone heard this? I know that a few places are having close outs out their stuff, but not sure if that's for inventory purposes or that they are really no longer going to be around. Anybody know for sure?

• Member Contributer

I really like their Lighting gloves, I have a pair that I wear daily and their great, especially for the price <$100. Revzilla has them listed at $69 right now, might have to grab another pair before they're all gone for good!

post-23057-0-14856200-1368122539.jpg

• Member Contributer

Teknic corporate web site is down and out so looks like the rumors might be true. www.teknicgear.com/‎

My Teknic Freeway jacket is/was my favourite ever piece of riding kit. My Teknic gloves were great too. It would be a shame to see them fold.

That is always a problem in today's economy, when you make a great product and it lasts forever, you loose a customer base.

Then you have the cheaper crap like Cycle Gear sells which novice riders will buy all day long and are will to replace it yearly.

It won't be long and our only options will be crap gear or the cost for the quality stuff will be so high no one will buy it.

I personally can't fathom 300.00 for a pair of gloves.

• Member Contributer

Held makes the best glove on the market (you could argue for the latest Knox as well) and they are pricey.

A* makes quality stuff and isn't going anywhere. If you pay attention to their closeouts you can always get a good deal. Just got a new top of the line jacket from them for 1/2 price and I have their 1 pc suit that is one step below their top of the line racing suit and got it for $625.

• Member Contributer

There's no information on this on the Dealernews site, but a thread on ADVrider also suggests that it has happened. Specialty Sports Limited was the name of the Michigan-based company that owned the Teknic and Coldwave brands (and nothing else that I could find). Sorry to hear about this. They had a good rep.

Ciao,

I have a 1 PC suit from Teknic I really like. STG just had a big sale too so I grabbed a air of gloves. Apparently everyone has little bitch hands so I scored some XXL gives for $16.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Looks like Motorcycle Super Store is doing a Teknic liquidation sale, received and email from them this morning.

Archived