low price 1200

Guest vickiviffer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! That's the price I paid 14 months ago for a used one (402 miles). Great buy! Kinda kills our resale value. What was Honda thinking with this bike? Huge price, expensive bags, neutered 1st & 2nd, HUGE price, no traction control (2010-2011), no cruise control, oh, and the HUGE PRICE. I love the bike (my favorite street bike ever), but they messed up on some of this stuff. Great bike though. You will love it! Ride safe.

Mark

the original price made it impossible for me....the huge discount helped alot.found a two brothers carbon fiber slip on on fleabay for 250 so a zbomb is next and ill be all set

If you're planning to add hard saddlebags, make sure you decide which ones you're going to use before chopping too much fender.

now to chop off that hideous rear fender....i know there are to threads already but does anyone have any other ideas?

Wow! That's the price I paid 14 months ago for a used one (402 miles). Great buy! Kinda kills our resale value. What was Honda thinking with this bike? Huge price, expensive bags, neutered 1st & 2nd, HUGE price, no traction control (2010-2011), no cruise control, oh, and the HUGE PRICE. I love the bike (my favorite street bike ever), but they messed up on some of this stuff. Great bike though. You will love it! Ride safe.

Mark

Yeah Mark but, that huge price did not stop us from buying it anyway.

Mine cost a lot more than you guys paid but, the amount of fun is equal to or greater than the purchase price.

Price isn't an issue for the bike anymore, economic realities and the market have spoken. At 10k out the door thats a crazy bargain. People whine and complain to no end about honda sucks, blah blah but they consistently make very desireable vehicles that stand up to the test of time. The 7th gen isn't perfect but at 10k I'd be on it if I were in the market. Only mods I'd make are a center stand heated grips and probably a top box.

I find it a little strange complaining about the price of VFR1200. I think it is on the same level as the competitors. And considering it is well built and in my case doesn't even have a good substitute it could be even more. But anyhow there seems to be very good bargain deals available on the market right now.

• 3 weeks later...

$9377 at Southern Powersports in Chattannooga. Not sure how Honda of Chattanooga can compete being in the same town and $1600 more.

http://www.southernh...nd=16&Type=1787

They said they only had one and sold it... they have another demo on hand, and it's $10,800, plus you have to pay $1200 for the Two Bros pipe and frame sliders that are on it... so I walk in wanting to pay 9300, and walk out after hearing, "Sorry, it's actually $12k... but no fees."

My current 800 is just too good to justify that much money to replace.

I complained about the apparent bait and switch tactics, and they updated the web site... so I hope it's more transparent to everyone else.

I'll have one of these one day, but it wont be today.

Saddlebags and trunk are on their way. Only have been able to put 400 miles on so far, but that's all it has taken to be able to say that this was a great purchase. This bike is a blast!

Photo%20Feb%2003%2C%203%2007%2032%20PM.jpg

I win, I win!

$9899 (plus tax, of course).

Nice price and a great looking bike. Did you pick it up at Greensburg Honda? I noticed they no longer have their '10 listed for sale.

Nice price and a great looking bike. Did you pick it up at Greensburg Honda? I noticed they no longer have their '10 listed for sale.

I've bought a couple of bikes there... good to hear they're still around. The last one I bought there was in '91 and it was from the Dad, Larry. But I think that a couple of years later, Brian, the son, took over. Is it still the same people?

I win, I win!

$9899 (plus tax, of course).

I've bought a couple of bikes there... good to hear they're still around. The last one I bought there was in '91 and it was from the Dad, Larry. But I think that a couple of years later, Brian, the son, took over. Is it still the same people?

Yeah it was Greensburg Honda. Great guys to deal with. Since it was a demo the warranty was all but gone so he made me a good deal on a 4yr extended warranty. I'd buy from them again without hesitation.

Not sure on the owners being the same or not, had never been there prior to this purchase. I believe it was two brothers who own it. Matt is the guy I dealt with.

They are great to deal with. They truly know how to get repeat business. Larry did retire a few years ago. His son, Matt, runs the showroom. I think Brian runs the parts and service departments.

Archived