low price 1200

Guest vickiviffer

I win, I win!

$9899 (plus tax, of course).

Man you really did win. And I thought I stole mine.

If you paid more than 9999.00 you didn't win.....tax counts unless you paid your tax with chickens or corn!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I win, I win!

If you paid more than 9999.00 you didn't win.....tax counts unless you paid your tax with chickens or corn!

That is what I paid. California most certainly got their pound of flesh ,Taxes, on top of that.

Does New Hampshire have taxes on vehicles. I'll have to pay mine when I register it here..

Oh, well what's another $625.00 plus an excise tax of $250.00. Wait that's $875.00 my state stinks..

:sad:

Wow! That's the price I paid 14 months ago for a used one (402 miles). Great buy! Kinda kills our resale value. What was Honda thinking with this bike? Huge price, expensive bags, neutered 1st & 2nd, HUGE price, no traction control (2010-2011), no cruise control, oh, and the HUGE PRICE. I love the bike (my favorite street bike ever), but they messed up on some of this stuff. Great bike though. You will love it! Ride safe.

Mark

Yeah Mark but, that huge price did not stop us from buying it anyway.

Mine cost a lot more than you guys paid but, the amount of fun is equal to or greater than the purchase price.

I want to puke when I see the price drop but.....what are you gonna do?

I win, I win!

Ah, I didn't see where you mention the "out the door" in your original post. I lose! I lose!

But holy crap did you get a steal!!!

Nh has no tax......live free or die!!....I was very lucky to find that deal.i was not planning on a new bike but that price and what I got for my trade which I owned outright meant a brand new bike for 4000 bucks

Hey VickiViffer,

Thanks for the post on where to get one at that price in Laconia. I picked it up yesterday.

It was a fun ride from the Cape. The roads in NH were all salty. You guys had 4 inches of snow on Friday night. We get stuck behind two salt/plow trucks.

We got to the dealer they were like "You didn't take a covered trailer." Nope, we just spent a half hour shrink wrapping it after it was tied down.

It was so worth it when we got home three hourse later. Ten minutes to cut it free and in the garage it went all clean!

My van was black as coal in the back from the sand and salt!

Now just to get the time to ride it!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the DCT from Barney's in St. Pete, FL for $11,000 six weeks ago. Thought it was a good deal until I saw one new with hard bags included on Ebay with a "buy-it-now" price of $10,500. Ouch. This is after I traded in my 750 Nighthawk in for bags. Can't complain, though, the bike is a riot!

I paid $9,750 + Tax Tags &Title or $11,050 OTD, 2 weeks ago. I had another dealer tell me that I had on of his 2 left on the previous Friday, only to let me know on Saturday morning that he sold both of them on Friday afternoon.

Mine was the last one available on the Phoenix area being sold at the deep discount. There was a dealer in town that was asking full list, but I'm sure that the price will drop or the dealer will be NOT getting any new Blue '12 models.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Paid $10,998 Out The Door (bike, tax, tags etc.) 4 days ago in Gulf Shores, AL. I got the last one at that shop. There's a few out there around the U.S for bargain prices. Dealers are willing to deal on these bikes...so go get one!

• Member Contributer

$9545 Out the door with bags, after they gave me $1700 over what I had into my trade. I paid $2200 for a vulcan 1600 which was a heck of a deal, but they gave me $3900 on it in trade. I might have been able to get a little more out of the Vulcan, but I wanted the vfr right then. Cash price on the bike was $9377 plus adding the bags $1300. All said and done I am happy with the deal I got on my VFR1200.

• Member Contributer

$9545 Out the door with bags, after they gave me $1700 over what I had into my trade. I paid $2200 for a vulcan 1600 which was a heck of a deal, but they gave me $3900 on it in trade. I might have been able to get a little more out of the Vulcan, but I wanted the vfr right then. Cash price on the bike was $9377 plus adding the bags $1300. All said and done I am happy with the deal I got on my VFR1200.

ho-lee-cow

I found a new demo vfr dct for 10500 plus tax with a 1 year warranty with 161 miles is that a good deal i havent found anything in the past 2 weeks like it?

Don't forget, this "low price" thing works both ways...

I went to my local Duc shop for sh#ts and giggles, and started dealing for the new Diavel. Stealership offered me $6k for my two month old, 600 mile 2010 VFR 1200F, in trade. I said, "no thanks", and am happily wringing out the Honda. It never fails to make me smile when riding it.

Its good to see the price point is getting down to where more people want to buy. I paid a lot more for mine a year ago and it was the cheapest I could find in the country after looking everywhere for a month. Bad for my resale but good for getting retailers to make more aftermarket stuff for my bike.

• Member Contributer

After I got my new vfr1200 at such a great deal, I decided to see what I could sell it for, and posted it on craigslist. I ended up paying around $9500 out the door for my bike, and after 2 days on craigslist i got offered $9200 from a used bike dealer in ATL. I though that was nice of them and madr me feel good about what i paid.

It's always a good idea to try to sell privately. Or buy, for that matter. That said, when they're blowing them out the door, there's nothing like a brand new bike. That's how I bought mine!

I'm going to enjoy my 1200F for quite awhile, I'm confident.

What are the prices people have seen in the last week or 2 for a dct vfr? I have looked in cycle trader and the lowest was 11500

Bought the last DCT in Chattanooga. Same dealer someone mentioned earlier in the thread. They still had one new bike (standard clutch) on the floor for $10,800. I paid less then $100 in fees so my OTD was $12,139. Not the best deal I have seen in the forum but the next closest DCT was 500+ miles.

Interestingly I have owned over 20+ bikes of varied makes and models but this is the first discussion group I have ever joined. If I make a discussion group etiquette mistake chalk it up to being a newbie.

when you guys say out the door is that tax included?

Yes, All taxes & fees. :tour:

And there is an edit button so you can correct typos ectra, without making another post. :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

It's a steal, enjoy the machine. I,ve got the Two Brothers slip on in black, along with the bags, box and grips. The pipe was the best change I made, love the sound plus it's a little lighter too.

• 5 months later...

Well, I am not anywhere close to winning the low price contest. It's amazing some of the prices guys got on their VFR's! Me, I picked up a new 2010 non-DCT this past weekend in Boulder, CO. I paid 12,675 OTD (CO taxes are not cheap, about 890 bucks).

I was wondering with all the low prices listed above if Honda had a larger amount of bonus bucks available at that time, I got 1500. If not maybe I should have negotiated more but couldn't find another new 2010 without DCT anywhere reasonable. So far have a little over 400 miles on the bike and only complaint is some vibes in the 4 to 6k range in the bars.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 2010 VFR1200 with the DCT a couple of weeks ago for $9,600. Also added the matching bags, centerstand, heated grips, and the power outlet. I was very close to choosing a "new" 2010 K1300S for $16,900, but the price on the VFR was just too good to pass on. Also, I felt the engine and handling of the VFR was just better, at least to me. When the VFR first came out I thought it was pretty ugly, but when I actually saw the VFR in person I really liked it. And the red/black color scheme really reminded me of the original CBX, which was one of my favorite bikes of all time.

This is a long overdue replacement of my 1990 CBR1000F, which has been just an amazing ride for so long. But it was starting to get a little unreliable, so I decided to not invest more $$ into it. So I'm looking forward to some great trips through New England & Canada this fall, and looking forward to using this forum to learn how I can throw some more money at the VFR!

Everyone here is evil. Thank you for making me want to trade in my paid for bike. Man, some good deals out there. Unfortunately in CA the high cost of doing business adds too much overhead for dealers to blow them out at those prices. Plus our taxes and registration are high. Lowest price I've seen here is around 13,000 + taxes (7.75%) and registration. So under 10K is a smoking deal.

Quick search on Cycle Trader finds the cheapest VFR f with in 250 miles at 12,475, and it is used with almost 10,000 miles on it!

Archived