So will The CrossRunner be VFRD worthy  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Should the V4 CrossRunner be a Regular on VFRD

• Yes
    • No
    • Need more info
    • Let HS decide

• Member Contributer

Are you sure he was talking about the crosrunner and not the crosstourer (which is still a concept bike)?

Here the crossrunner is mentioned in the 2011 bike line-up.

Yep same in Oz ... the Crossrunner is coming but not until mid-year 2011. I reckon he's got his Crosses crossed (or something) :blink:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Are you sure he was talking about the crosrunner and not the crosstourer (which is still a concept bike)?

Here the crossrunner is mentioned in the 2011 bike line-up.

Yep same in Oz ... the Crossrunner is coming but not until mid-year 2011. I reckon he's got his Crosses crossed (or something) :blink:

Well, I still want something DP-ish before mid 2011. But yes, I think the Honda Canada rep is badly misinformed.

Glenn

• Member Contributer

Have not heard yet if it is coming to the USA and we need some shots of the luggage & bigger windshield.

not coming here.

Where'd you hear that Timmy?

Well depending on which pics I look I get a different feeling.

• Seems underpowered, but so is my 2005 VFR and I love it
  • Sometimes a little like a BMW GSA from the side view ... very NICE
  • Love the metallic hard bags, going to put a set on my Silver VFR
  • Some pics looks like a scooter .... not my style
  • The "bunny rabbit" handlebars make it a little BMW R1200RT like ... not an improvement in looks
  • I saw a Multistrada in the flesh yesterday, I think this bike will look better decked out and won't have the complex electronics

As you can see, I am confused, but I think it's good to revive the 800, this is the right sized powerplant for a lot of applications, and makes the bike more flickable. Let's see if it has the rock solid stability of the 6th generation, with the fun factor.

I think a test ride will be the only way to determine it all .....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Have not heard yet if it is coming to the USA and we need some shots of the luggage & bigger windshield.

not coming here.

Where'd you hear that Timmy?

On Saturday I was speaking with one of the Honda dealers, He has had a few people walk in with cash in hand to put down. One of them showed up while we where BS'ing. Honda Canada has told him that the crosstourer or the runner will be a no go for Canada. Even went to another dealer,,,,, same end result.... nope.

• Member Contributer

Seconded, i hear nothing from Honda NA regarding the new V4s.

But i'll bet even money that we'll get at least one of the new A-T bikes for 2012.

Which one do you want?

• Member Contributer

Yeah, this is pretty much what I figured after the Honda Canada rep tried to tell me it was a concept bike. I'd expect the rep to be a bit more clued in if the bike was going to be imported, so that led me to believe there would no Crossrunner in Canada.

Glenn

On Saturday I was speaking with one of the Honda dealers, He has had a few people walk in with cash in hand to put down. One of them showed up while we where BS'ing. Honda Canada has told him that the crosstourer or the runner will be a no go for Canada. Even went to another dealer,,,,, same end result.... nope.

To my Canadian brothers and sisters,

In the spirit of "helping hands across our borders" .... I am willing to have you send me the purchase funds to purchase a CR in the good ol' US of A ... and then personally ride it up to the great frozen North and deliver it to you. Any smashed bugs found on afore-mentioned scoot would the responsiblity of the deliveree (that would be you) to remove.

No charge for lodging, food, or gasoline (petrol) consumed during delivery would be added to the purchase price.

Operators are standing by ....

Sincerely, E-Ticket

• Member Contributer

In the spirit of "helping hands across our borders" .... I am willing to have you send me the purchase funds to purchase a CR in the good ol' US of A ... and then personally ride it up to the great frozen North and deliver it to you. Any smashed bugs found on afore-mentioned scoot would the responsiblity of the deliveree (that would be you) to remove.

No charge for lodging, food, or gasoline (petrol) consumed during delivery would be added to the purchase price.

Sincerely, E-Ticket

You had me thinking...... then lost me when you would not wash the bugs off...... And I was going to pay you $2000.00 driver bonus, fancy hotels, all meals and then hand you the keys to my 6 gen ( free to YOU ). O well.....

Sincerely, E-Ticket

You had me thinking...... then lost me when you would not wash the bugs off...... And I was going to pay you $2000.00 driver bonus, fancy hotels, all meals and then hand you the keys to my 6 gen ( free to YOU ). O well.....

LOL! Did Didit or Axel tell you about the bugs on mine? Was that it? Shoot ... I'll go wash it right now. :^)

- ET

• Member Contributer

LOL! Did Didit or Axel tell you about the bugs on mine? Was that it? Shoot ... I'll go wash it right now. :^)

- ET

Real motorcyclists have no fear of fly-ing

motorrijder_en_vliegangst.jpg

- ET

Real motorcyclists have no fear of fly-ing

motorrijder_en_vliegangst.jpg

That's what I keep telling the bugs. But they refuse to get out of the way. So .... SPLAT.

Archived