• Yes
    • No
    • Need more info
    • Let HS decide

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Keep it here. Something like this.........

:biggrin:

Very nice!

I reckon my wife's a pretty cool chick but even she wouldn't come at that!

Interesting thing: I went looking at Honda Canada's website today and couldn't find the NT700 listed at all. I never looked before, though, so does anybody know if it was offered up here?

Glenn

Assuming they're both going to be priced very similarly, if you walked in to a Honda dealer which would you pick? Is the shaft drive enough to make up for the extra 'excitement'? I'm wondering if Honda will ever sell another NT700? Is the Crossrunner a replacement for the NT? Where's our light weight chain driven 1000cc VFR sport tourer? :lobby:

Canada has the Varadero, CBF1000A, CBF600SA not available in USA

USA has the CB1000R & NT700V not available in Canada.

Go figure!? :mellow:

I took on ride on my VFR800 today, haven't been on it in almost a week (off on business and it has snow a bit) and you have to work on this bike. That CrossRunner is looking more and more comfy. Sure would like to try one. :blush:

Brian

• Member Contributer

There's a short preview here in MCNEWS that's worth a quick read.

I'm actually starting to warm to the idea of this bike. Even with the strange stickyupy insect antenna-like handle bars and the road only orientation!

Okay, this makes me feel better! :happy:

gallery_19264_5124_2451.jpg

Insect Antenna-Like Handles.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yeah I like it the more I see it. Looking forward to seeing one in person.

Planning on going to Europe next year? Probably the only way you'll ever see one in person...

Interesting thing: I went looking at Honda Canada's website today and couldn't find the NT700 listed at all. I never looked before, though, so does anybody know if it was offered up here?

We didn't get it. We got the Varadero instead.

Honda America does not list any of the cross-dressers. It does list the cb1000 and the CBR250. Looks like I will have to rent one in Holland this spring to write a report on one.

• Member Contributer

I'm actually starting to warm to the idea of this bike. Even with the strange stickyupy insect antenna-like handle bars and the road only orientation!

My only problem is the question of - why would I keep my 5th Gen when the CrossRunner is more than likely the bike I'd choose for just about any ride? ... and I really want to keep my 5th Gen! :mellow:

I agree, other than styling I'm not sure what the Crossrunner offers over a 6G with higher bars and I'm not sure what the 6G offers over my 5G. The Crossrunner doesn't add any off road capabilities so I don't think it would replace my 5G. Whichever bike I add next it needs to offer some new capability that my current VFR doesn't have.

• Member Contributer

My only problem is the question of - why would I keep my 5th Gen when the CrossRunner is more than likely the bike I'd choose for just about any ride? ... and I really want to keep my 5th Gen! :mellow:

I agree, other than styling I'm not sure what the Crossrunner offers over a 6G with higher bars and I'm not sure what the 6G offers over my 5G. The Crossrunner doesn't add any off road capabilities so I don't think it would replace my 5G. Whichever bike I add next it needs to offer some new capability that my current VFR doesn't have.

I think the CR has more crap road capability than a 5/6th gen as it does have added suspension travel and probably will be outfitted with a kinda of cross street tire like the multistrada etc. The bars no doubt will give you more capability in the slow stuff. However I don't think I want to hit gravel at 60 on this anymore than my 99.

Based on the size it may have the same bags as the VFR1200???

• Member Contributer

I think the CR has more crap road capability than a 5/6th gen as it does have added suspension travel and probably will be outfitted with a kinda of cross street tire like the multistrada etc. The bars no doubt will give you more capability in the slow stuff. However I don't think I want to hit gravel at 60 on this anymore than my 99.

Based on the size it may have the same bags as the VFR1200???

The CR doesn't inspire me to go out and swap it for my 5G like the MS does...but I do like the styling and if my 5G went TU tomorrow I'd definitely be interested. Assuming the price is much lower than the MS...

• Member Contributer

I have a lot of bikes in the garage...10 QTY I think...in fact some are out on my patio since I ran outta garage.

3 are v-stroms. One silver VFR. Well, guess what? The VFR had sex with a v-strom and spawned a baby monster called a crossrunner.

Its AOK because I like the baby monster, its a real nice surprise.

Me think baby-monster-crossover is so cute !!! AWWW I LIKEE

nice Honda creation, great way to use up extra parts without really doing anything.

Since I am expecting another motorcycle soon I will have to sell my wife...wait..I already did that.

• Member Contributer

One thing that it does definately offer us Australians is the opportunity for ABS on our VFR800s (okay it's not a VFR800 but close enough!).

We were never offered ABS with the 6th Gen which is more than a little retarded if you ask me :angry:

Yeah I like it the more I see it. Looking forward to seeing one in person.

Planning on going to Europe next year? Probably the only way you'll ever see one in person...

Um, maybe. ;) You might be right. And AH may not be releasing the XTourer in the US.

Too many VFR1200's still sitting in showrooms anyway.

If this is the case, it might be time for a Ninja 1000.

So you like it??

Our Euro brothers had it back on post #89.....pays to get up early as the world turns.

Missed any Real pictures, only saw the drawings so far! :blush:

I'd like to ride one though. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

If money were no object, I'd take one. The ergos seem more appealing to me than my VFR. But since my VFR's paid for and the Crossrunner isn't, since it will probably cost over $11k, and probably won't be offered in the U.S., I'll stick with my Viffer.

• Member Contributer

Here the dealer expects it to be priced a few hundred more than the 6th gen. The CrossTourer he expects will be about a €1000 more than a 7th gen.

Have not heard yet if it is coming to the USA and we need some shots of the luggage & bigger windshield.

Like a lot of riders, many of you have probably had the opportunity to ride a big DP bike at one time or another. I enjoyed the twisties in CO a year ago on a BMW GS. it was surprising the first time I opened the throttle getting onto I-25 and had to deal with the wheel up in the air ... Ok this new boxer has some grunt I guess! I took it easy in the mountains off road as thoughts of Obe Wan Kenobi's efforts to use his force to lift his GS up after a crash in Siberia. I have also put 30k miles on a KLR and DR, both

thumpers with 35-40 horse. Great when things get tight and entertaining on trails... Including brief vaults in the air. What I don't get are high-hp sporting machines that road testers say, "Never take this off road!". Sometimes they are the Hummers of the world with chrome 20-inch wheels to ruin any possibility of true off road fun. SO... the question is, will this Honda be the old Tiger or V-Strom of the class or the GS Adventure of the class??

WWSS? (what would Soichiro say?)

much better off road.

• Member Contributer

That said, I think I like it. I will be checking to see if Honda will be bringing it to the MMIC show in Toronto. Then I want a test ride.

Glenn

So I phoned Honda to see if it was going to be at the show. The rep's reply was that the Crossrunner is a concept bike, and he had no idea if it would be at the show - check back at the end of the month.

So this doesn't bode well for us Canuckians...

1] Honda Canada doesn't intend to import it, so the reps don't know anything about it.

2] It really is a concept, and nobody is getting it.

3] or ???

There may be a VStrom in my future after all.

Glenn

Archived