Repaint complete

hawglet

post-3965-092684200 1282604600_thumb.jpg

Not quite full frontal.

post-3965-096787100 1282604625_thumb.jpg

All of the white bits will be getting black outline of tape around them, however, my top 3 coats of clear are very rough plus it'd need a buffer anyway, so this winter after season is done I'll be getting out the paper to sand and follow by buffing. After all of this I'll finish the tape lines. Should have done it before I cleared but forgot or just didn't think of it I guess.

post-3965-082643200 1282604647_thumb.jpg

Up the rear.

post-3965-071473800 1282604670_thumb.jpg

Toothless

I figured that while I had all of the plastic off for prep. work I'ld rebuild the leaking fork seals.

Only my 3rd time spraying anything, 2nd bike, but it ended up turning out pretty fair I think. Hopefully, it'll last a while, lot more work than I was anticipating. I did the de-dumbo using an old fairing and a junk HF welder(old style) as well as some plasti-fix and a body glue backer for a little piece of mind, I hope! Added the Radar sliders and Darth mirrors at paint time also. Going to replace the windscreen again. Used a Puig DB and it kills me at just over 6' tall. Feels like someone is trying to straggle you as the wind hits about mid throat.

I'll see about getting some better pictures taken and posted as soon as I get it back running. Still need to spend some time with it but it's just too hot in the garage right now!!!

The white "racing stripe" and accent going through the top center of the bike looks coo (I'd do the top of the tank to IIWY.)l, but I don't know about the NACA duct being painted white too. Most guys paint it body color on the 4th gen or leave it the original black or maybe putting CF inserts into it. Seems to stand out too much with white in it.

I went with black accents at the intakes near the seat, which is opposite of what you have done:

gallery_285_20_54621.jpg

VFR with ZG DB Right side Right Side view

JMOs

Beck

95 VFR

I did think hard about continuing the white stripe through the tank but I figured the my line would look slightly off center or slight out of symetrical so I nixxed the idea. Plus i've nearly always have a tank bag on so it wouldn't show anyway. I know most people don't like the naca ducts and don't want to draw attention to them but I like although i think it'll look bettter with a black outline. Plus it's different, what the hell I guess if I decide different in a few years I can redo it or complete a trade in on a connie14 :fing02:

or complete a trade in on a connie14 :fing02:

Blasphemy!

Looking forward to daytime pics. What kind of equipment and paint did you use?

Sorry Seb but every one I've seen rolling down the highways and slab I've nearly lost it prematurely. Just look more comfortable and powerful than the vfr plus the hard bags would be a plus!

As far as product, it was Shop-line by PPG. The cheap route, although it still ended up being about 5 bills in product alone! Also the cheap route, a HF gun. It really sprayed pretty well for the $ although a professional gun would have done better. I'm not sure I would have though, it took me nearly until I was finished to figure out how to get the clear to spray as I wanted it too, color wasn't any trouble nor was promoter or primer. The major set back in the entire thing was partially my lack of experience and I had some of the red peel as I was taping for the black tail light surround on the tail. Also had one of my decals bleed in the clear, I'll see what happens with that when I get to sanding. Might have to sand it completely out and re-clear the nose, we'll see.

• 7 months later...

post-3965-0-89947900-1302662660_thumb.jp

post-3965-0-74916500-1302662707_thumb.jp

post-3965-0-29276300-1302662763_thumb.jp

Plastic welded the blinker holes closed, filled pin holes with a plastic welding epoxy and sanded smooth. Added Darth mirrors, and Radar sliders. Now to find somebody to sand and buff it out, I just don't have the time to commit after finding out that we have a baby on the way. Our house has the original 1940s windows and the baby room needs new ones along with some insulation in the walls. Added Progrip 719 right after these pictures.

• Member Contributer

I know most people don't like the naca ducts and don't want to draw attention to them ....

say what? :huh:

Duchy?

If it is good enough for a Lambo

v_Lamborghini%20Countach%20Anniversary%20ventd.jpg

It sure looks good on a VFR....

bush2.jpg

I know most people don't like the naca ducts and don't want to draw attention to them ....

say what? :huh:

Duchy?

If it is good enough for a Lambo

v_Lamborghini%20Countach%20Anniversary%20ventd.jpg

It sure looks good on a VFR....

bush2.jpg

Heck!, it's good enough for Ferrari 512BBLMs too! :fing02:

Picture108.jpg

And Airplanes too!

Picture036-1.jpg

Beck

95 VFR