Welcome AnikMankar to U.S.A Group Ride

Lee 2002

• Member Contributer

4474304987_50edd20880_b.jpg

Anik was able to meet up with my family for supper. Now we are getting to know each other and having a good time.

Hi Lee

Thank you for welcoming me into your house. It was real pleasure to meet you and your family. Didn't realise we have so much in common.

looking forward to meet up again for dinner (indian restaurant - guess you will need to have a lot of pepto) and the ride.

thanks again.

Anik

Who would think that two guys from the opposite side of the Earth could have so much in common.

We had a great visit with tons of questions for Anik.

Very much look forward to being able to meet up with Anik over the next few weeks. I am trying to scrounge up a motorcycle for me to ride so that we can have local group meet/ride. I hope to get Anik out on my bike, me on whatever I scrounge up and anyone who wants to ride along out to the Flint Hills and my normal loop (or any other ideas). Should be a great time for everyone.... I hope it all falls into place.

We might need some of you local guys to gather up spare gear. I have spares of most everything here... but I am sure he would like a few choices for fit and comfort.

Lets start the discussion now about dates (must be a weekend, due to his work schedule) and plans. Next Sunday (Easter) is out. He is only here for 3 weeks. Lets assume I'll come up with something local... otherwise, I'll be hitting Mike up for his spare.

VFRD is such a cool place. My family and I have been honored by the people we have met here. Starting with SEB and continuing on through all the people who have attended my meets and the people I have been lucky enough to ride with. I'm starting to get the feeling that there really isn't a bad apple in the bunch.

Hey Lee, you still have the computer in the basement office? goofy.gif

Yeah, It's still down there. Sorta' acting as a "server" for our family to keep files on now. The whole family has moved into the age of the wireless laptop. We're sophisticated idiots now.

You were part of the topic of conversation tonight --- as our first VFRD guest. You sort of set the groundwork for everyone that has followed. So, it's all cool!

I guess now, I'm waiting for that character from the Netherlands who is riding his 5th gen around the world to stop in..... he has my number.

Welcome to Kansas Anik! Lee and family really know how to make people feel right at home. I've got spare gear and a spare bike if needed.

Why is every spare (sporting or standard style) motorcycle 70 miles away from me? Duly noted.

• Member Contributer

Lets start the discussion now about dates (must be a weekend, due to his work schedule) and plans. Next Sunday (Easter) is out. He is only here for 3 weeks. Lets assume I'll come up with something local... otherwise, I'll be hitting Mike up for his spare.

Just to get the ball rolling, either the 10th or the 17th would be good for me. I prefer Saturdays but could do Sunday afternoons if necessary.

• Member Contributer

Great Experience for both of you. This is what makes motorcycling so great, friendships, riding, common interests, same bike.

Yes, wrenching, mods, tech advice is all good but this post is far more important than that...bringing two different cultures togetherfing02.gif Excellent.

I want to go to Australia this winter and ride....I would like to meet a rider from OZ...more than welcome to borrow a bike from me, ride XC USA trip and then I could fly there and do the same, tour Australia.

Thats my dream. Maybe someone will read this and take me up on the offer. I think I will post it up on ride planning.

Great Story, good on you Lee for being a welcoming host.

Just to get the ball rolling, either the 10th or the 17th would be good for me. I prefer Saturdays but could do Sunday afternoons if necessary.

Weather is looking "iffy" on the 10th. But at this time of year we had better take any decent day that fits into the schedule.

• Member Contributer

I've got my guard weekend on the 10th, so the 17th would be best for me. I also have extra gear. What size does Anik wear?

Lee, if you are interested, I can ride the C-14 (which I have right now) and you can ride my bike. Although you might get spoiled with the Sargent seat, different windshield, upgraded suspenders, and Staintune growl! Come to think of it, my trailer might be coming to Topeka (maybe this weekend) to pick up an 800 Drifter. I could bring a bike with me at that time if you think you could find a place to keep it for a couple weeks. My brother-in-law wants me to ride his bike (ZRX-1100) for a week or so also. So right now I'm having the problem of having too many bikes to ride. I guess that really shouldn't be considered a problem. :warranty:

Welcome to Kansas Anik! Lee and family really know how to make people feel right at home. I've got spare gear and a spare bike if needed.

Why is every spare (sporting or standard style) motorcycle 70 miles away from me? Duly noted.

isnt it 70 miles to anywhere in kansas? :warranty:

I've got my guard weekend on the 10th, so the 17th would be best for me. I also have extra gear. What size does Anik wear?

The 17th is actually better for me. Lets start rolling toward the 17th being the date. Anik is more your size than mine.... but I think either of our stuff would work.

Lee, if you are interested, I can ride the C-14 (which I have right now) and you can ride my bike. Although you might get spoiled with the Sargent seat, different windshield, upgraded suspenders, and Staintune growl! ................

Can you give me a couple of days to let some options I am pursuing here pan out?

• Member Contributer

Sorry guys leaving on the 17th. So the 10th seems good.

Man, i thought 3 weeks were long but only one weekend possible... :goofy:

Hmmmmm... this throws a kink into the system. I'm going to throw Easter back open to consideration. The 10th also works for me. I would really like to include Mike in this if at all possible.

• Member Contributer

I'll be in Topeka on the 10th anyway, just won't get released until later in the day, around 4ish.

Can you give me a couple of days to let some options I am pursuing here pan out?

Absolutely, just let me know if & when your options are a sure thing.

Anik, I have an assortment of riding apparel, especially after picking up elizilla's Phantom suit. That makes 4-full body protective ensembles that I have in my garage. I also have a spare medium Arai helmet, and a large or extra large (can't remember which) Fulmer fullface. Just let me know what you would feel most comfortable wearing, and I'll get it there.

I'll be in Topeka on the 10th anyway, just won't get released until later in the day, around 4ish.

Can we all agree on the 10th as soon as possible after 4:00pm? That would make for a nice evening ride. Maybe stop in Manhattan for a quick bite to eat... but not linger too long... I really don't want to be out on a borrowed bike after dark.

Possible rain date for Easter... but lets hope for cooperation on the 10th from the weather guys.

My buddy Pat has informed me that some smaller ranches have started range burning. Could make for a pretty ride if some of the larger ranches start burning.

• Member Contributer

Can we all agree on the 10th as soon as possible after 4:00pm? That would make for a nice evening ride. Maybe stop in Manhattan for a quick bite to eat... but not linger too long... I really don't want to be out on a borrowed bike after dark.

Possible rain date for Easter... but lets hope for cooperation on the 10th from the weather guys.

My buddy Pat has informed me that some smaller ranches have started range burning. Could make for a pretty ride if some of the larger ranches start burning.

After 4 on the 10th sounds good to me (subject to clearing it with the authorities). I wouldn't have any faith in the forecast models 12 days out, but we'll keep our fingers crossed.

• Member Contributer

Good now that your here maybe we can convice you to come to the Ozarks ride? Lee I know your comming - I am hoping to have the bike back together properly by then and all painted - hopefully!

Have you seen your to-do list lately?unsure.gif

Anik, you won't find a better host than Lee and his family!!fing02.gif

After 4 on the 10th sounds good to me (subject to clearing it with the authorities). I wouldn't have any faith in the forecast models 12 days out, but we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Hmmm, somewhere along the line, I got the date of Easter wrong. Nevermind, I'm on the same page now.

Let's go with April 10th with the ride to leave sometime around 4pm, when Hondalover arrives. Everyone (anyone?) welcome to arrive at my house a little early for a meet & greet and await Hondalover's arrival.

• Member Contributer

Absolutely, just let me know if & when your options are a sure thing.

Anik, I have an assortment of riding apparel, especially after picking up elizilla's Phantom suit. That makes 4-full body protective ensembles that I have in my garage. I also have a spare medium Arai helmet, and a large or extra large (can't remember which) Fulmer fullface. Just let me know what you would feel most comfortable wearing, and I'll get it there.

I think large size should fit me.

thanks again guys

Cool! I'll be there, April 10 after 4! biggrin.gif

Awesome! Going to be a relaxed ride since two of us will be on borrowed bikes. Don't be too late, we'll try to leave as close to 4:00 when Mike arrives.

Archived