Suggestions on rerouting 5th gen headers to show off SSSA

jaimev34

• Member Contributer

Hi all,

I'm sick of my traditionally-mounted 2 Bros. muffler blocking the view of my rear wheel. I was thinking about converting it to high mount, but finding a 2 Bros. high-mount mid pipe is next to impossible. So, I was thinking about having one made by some shop (I don't know which, but maybe some muffler shop). My other idea was to reroute the exhaust to the left side. This would require rerouting the pipe segment exiting the cat, and fabrication of a new mid pipe going under the swingarm to the left. Then, I could hook it up to the left side passenger footpeg. The left side exit would be great for aesthetic reasons and also for enabling easier rear wheel removal.

I've scoured the internet and this site, and have been unable to find much info. Any suggestions or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

High mount set-up would be the easiest way to show off the wheel, I don't remember who but another manufactures Mid/S-pipe should work fine. Just post up asking who still makes an S-pipe that will work for you! :beer:

BR

• Member Contributer

I'd like to retain my 2 bros. muffler, but maybe a mid pipe from them?

High mount set-up would be the easiest way to show off the wheel, I don't remember who but another manufactures Mid/S-pipe should work fine. Just post up asking who still makes an S-pipe that will work for you! :schla15:

BR

Maybe Micron?

• Member Contributer

I'd like to retain my 2 bros. muffler, but maybe a mid pipe from them?

High mount set-up would be the easiest way to show off the wheel, I don't remember who but another manufactures Mid/S-pipe should work fine. Just post up asking who still makes an S-pipe that will work for you! :schla15:

BR

Maybe Micron?

Good luck on getting just the mid pipe from a company. Just go to a muffler shop and have them make one. Have it chromed if need be.

Good luck on getting just the mid pipe from a company. Just go to a muffler shop and have them make one. Have it chromed if need be.

Hindle sells all their mid pipes separately from their mufflers, they're sneaky like that! I don't know if they make a high mount for your bike though...

I would try a local muffler shop first. I've used my "local" Midas for a couple one-off favors, and they were very accommodating. :schla15:

Personally I wouldn't let Midas lay their golden touch on my wallet.

I'd look for a shop with a in house welded up muffler man sculpture out front. :goofy:

A nice sculpture, of course. :schla15:

Personally I wouldn't let Midas lay their golden touch on my wallet.

I'd look for a shop with a in house welded up muffler man sculpture out front. :idea3:

A nice sculpture, of course. :goofy:

Don't go to any old Midas! Find one that has one or more bikes parked around the back or in the employee area. :schla15: They didn't lay any kind of touch on my wallet! wink.gif :goofy: :fing02:

Just bought a Hindle high mount midpipe. Hopefully it'll fit with my 2 bros.

Thanks for all the replies.

+1 on letting us know how that goes. Quick question: do you have a newer Two Bros can, (M2/M5 see pic) or an older one?

tbr57.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

bump! I am looking to do the same things on a 5th gen! either High mount it or Left side. Question on the high mount pipes... is there any additional concern w/ heat?

I know its not what you really want, but if you twist the mid pipe and do some fiddling, you can have a semi-high pipe.

017-6.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hindle does make different mufflers, that fit both high and low (At least they did 4 years ago.) No issues with heat either - hand warm after all day riding, as long as you keep moving.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

So..

Im considering just getting a custom mid pipe cut. Any concers with jetting etc? Also what about mounting.. is this the kinda of "find the bracket that works" kinda deal or does anyone have some suggestions. Im not running a PC at the moment.

thanks

• Member Contributer

So..

Im considering just getting a custom mid pipe cut. Any concers with jetting etc? Also what about mounting.. is this the kinda of "find the bracket that works" kinda deal or does anyone have some suggestions. Im not running a PC at the moment.

thanks

I bought a Hindle hi-mount mid pipe but it didn't work too well because the inside diameter of the pipe was too small to fit on my header pipe. I returned it and have not continued with the endeavor of doing a hi-mount or rerouting the exhaust to the left side. My 2 Bros is an older looking model, for whomever asked that question in an earlier post. Kind of like the one in the pic.

• Member Contributer

So..

thanks

I bought a Hindle hi-mount mid pipe but it didn't work too well because the inside diameter of the pipe was too small to fit on my header pipe. I returned it and have not continued with the endeavor of doing a hi-mount or rerouting the exhaust to the left side. My 2 Bros is an older looking model, for whomever asked that question in an earlier post. Kind of like the one in the pic.

I'm in the same boat and have an older style TB can. Was thinking about the new style but eh.. want to figure out the mounting issue first as I really like the TB sound.

• Member Contributer

I dont know for sure but I think the high mount will interfere w/ sidecases. Anyone else know for sure?

I've got the TB high mount oval with the Givi tubular side cases. The right rack is spaced out an inch or so to clear the can.

I've got a BlueFlame and they are great.

Took a bit of "adjustment" to get it to fit how I wanted, but well worth the effort.

Sounds great too!

post-18789-016370400 1275947065_thumb.jp

Archived