gp shorty pipe for a 5th gen

Frogger4thga

id like to put a shirty pipe on my 99. have 2 problems, one cant find one for the vfr, two when i ran without my slip on d&d it was crazy loud and couldnt stand it.

so is there another bike i can get one off of, and it there a way to keep from losing my hearing on it

id like to put a shirty pipe on my 99. have 2 problems, one cant find one for the vfr, two when i ran without my slip on d&d it was crazy loud and couldnt stand it.

so is there another bike i can get one off of, and it there a way to keep from losing my hearing on it

staintune like on mine

i have a mgp carbon fibre shorty on my 01.[12 inches long if that]i have it coming off my cat. looksgreat,shows off sssa,also sounds better than any 8 cyl. chev or rustang.i think hot bodies sell them,i only used the can, pipe was for a cbr 600

• Member Contributer

i have a mgp carbon fibre shorty on my 01.[12 inches long if that]i have it coming off my cat. looksgreat,shows off sssa,also sounds better than any 8 cyl. chev or rustang.i think hot bodies sell them,i only used the can, pipe was for a cbr 600

Pics?

Pics?

I have a "GP Style" pipe that I made a couple years ago that I haven't done anything with that I was going to sell. Let me know if you want it. I can't guarantee that it won't make you lose your hearing :warranty: , but I've re-designed it several times it to make it as quiet as I could and maintain performance.

Here's a pic.

DSC02248.jpg

• Member Contributer

I saw a 4th gen one time that had a modded stock can. He basically cut the end cap off, gutted the thing, cut about half the muffler off, then welded the end cap back on. Looked like a shorty stocker, and sounded pretty mean!

Check out the ToroCharger thread and the megaphone style canister he has on his bike.

Unfortunately the guy who made that took a lot of people's money and ran. I almost fell victim to that whole ordeal when I asked hime to make me the same pipe. I was about to send the money but he never emailed me the second time (about the time he bolted). Lucky for me, I didn't lose the money I almost sent. You could probably find another guy somewhere who can make something similar though.

Check out the ToroCharger thread and the megaphone style canister he has on his bike.

Unfortunately the guy who made that took a lot of people's money and ran. I almost fell victim to that whole ordeal when I asked hime to make me the same pipe. I was about to send the money but he never emailed me the second time (about the time he bolted). Lucky for me, I didn't lose the money I almost sent. You could probably find another guy somewhere who can make something similar though.

Are you referring to someone OTHER than Toro1 as the guy who made the pipe??? Just for clarification sake.

Are you referring to someone OTHER than Toro1 as the guy who made the pipe??? Just for clarification sake.

Yeah, really! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

The muffler needs to "mate" with the headers, this via a clamp pushing the (con)cave end together with a bushing in between

pipe.jpg

With no shorties available for a 5th gen (to my knowledge) you need as mentioned befor chop of the bit of the muffler and (have someone) weld a shorty on a the right angle

HPIM5463-1.jpg

Like was done here for my Akrapovic

HPIM4659.jpg

And if you are committed enough, anything is possible

HPIM6008.jpg

_img230.jpg

something like on toros would be great.

i think hes got one of the best looking vfrs with out a doubt the most powerful

it would be nice to see his go head to head with a vfr 1200, but thats a whole diffrant post there

and ya i know where your comen from i tryed to get ahold of the guy that mad his back then but never got a responce, didnt know he took off with everybodys cash.

right now sence i cant get my headlights to work its time to work on the bike.

also have to repair the plastics from a minor "crash" ( fell over going up the drive way, ruts in the dirt suck)

so i figured de-dumbo the turn lights, might incorporate leds in the farings,ss break and clutch lines,paint the rims and swing arm, new exhaust and try a new paint job sence the bike has 10 years of sun, dont have a garage to park in.

thats whats on the plan for right now. got till spring hopefuly done sooner

erion-gp.gif

ws500-04.gif

gsxr.jpg

m4.JPG

i was thinking along the lines of these pipes

this would realy show off the swing arm and back end of the bike.

but like i said to begin with when i ran my bike with the the pipe that comes off the headers to the slip on it was so loud, i felt like i should have had a harly for that amount of noise.

but mainly any idea how it would run with a pipe from another bike like one of these.

Yeah, really! :fing02:

Yes, someone other than Toro1 made the pipe. He had it custom made by a shop and I can't think of the name of them at the minute. I only know because I asked him about it as I wanted the same one he had.

• Member Contributer

Dutchy a sound clip of that Akrapovic can would be WONDERFUL!...I have often wondered what one would sound like on our motor..Looks great BTW..

th_HPIM2491.jpg

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n206/Dutchy_748/?action=view&current=HPIM2491.flv

th_HPIM2493.jpg

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n206/Dutchy_748/?action=view&current=HPIM2493.flv

Archived