Tbr V. Erion Header

sa1713

• Member Contributer

Pouring over the many threads trying to see what the difference between a Two Brothers header and the Erion header that fits on the 5th/6th gens.

I know that they are brothers who had a falling out but not much beyond that.

Any info would be appreciated.

Jim

• Member Contributer

I don't know the answer to your question, but why would you want aftermarket headers?

The ones on your '98 are catless and, from what I've seen, are the most desirable.

• Member Contributer

Yes, I do have a great set that has been ceramic coated. Just looking for a set of stainless that would last much longer and drop some weight too.

• Member Contributer

Are you aware the aftermarkets run $700+? Any decrease in weight will be negligible (and certainly not noticeable.) As for longevity, I've never heard of headers going bad. Regardless, best of luck to you.

As for longevity, I've never heard of headers going bad.

In areas where roads are salted to prevent icing, headers go south very quickly - heat cycling and salt are a tough combination. Very big problem in the UK.

These guys are replicating my '83 VF750F V&H headers for $350: www.meccom.com That's with me doing my own welding. I would guess $450-500 to have them do a VFR header complete.

• Member Contributer

Seb, thanks for the offer.

I'm just trying to find out if the TBR header is the same dimensionally as the Erion. I believe the Erion is 38mm OD but I don't know the OD of the TBR.

• Member Contributer

I'm just trying to find out if the TBR header is the same dimensionally as the Erion. I believe the Erion is 38mm OD but I don't know the OD of the TBR.

I have always wanted to know the differences in pipe size from a '98 to a TBR to a Erion. Those aftermarket headers are very rare.

MD

• Member Contributer

I have always wanted to know the differences in pipe size from a '98 to a TBR to a Erion. Those aftermarket headers are very rare.

MD

I can measure the Tbros OD if you want, iirc they're a couple mm larger than oem. The info is on the site here somewhere. I see an Erion set just sold on eBay.

gallery_7586_2466_39337.jpg

Exhaust.JPG

• Member Contributer

MD

I can measure the Tbros OD if you want, iirc they're a couple mm larger than oem. The info is on the site here somewhere. I see an Erion set just sold on eBay.

]

Exhaust.JPG

Cool - Are they 4 into 1? I wonder what the power curve differences are like? --Looks like a pain to install.....

MD

• Member Contributer
I can measure the Tbros OD if you want, iirc they're a couple mm larger than oem. The info is on the site here somewhere.

I believe OEM 98-99 are 36 OD. I could not find spec data for the TBR. Does the outlet match up with the OEM location?

• Member Contributer

I wasn't even aware TBR or Erion sold aftermarket for the 5th gen vfr anymore. I think the Delkovac are the most cost effective stainless headers I've seen offered for the 98-01 vfrs. They are on Ebay for about 265 if I remember right. My 86 came stock with stainless headers. Dont know why Honda started cheaping out on the later models.

• Member Contributer

Nooooooo! How did I miss it?!? I don't care if it's Erion or TBR (I'd happily pay BIG bucks for either one...) but I suppose it would be nice to know the differences, if there are any.

Erion Racing was allegedly formed by one of the "Two Brothers" following a huge argument, after which they refused to speak to one another. No idea if that ever was true or it still is, but as neither of them will agree to make any more 5th-gen headers, I've got no use for either of them!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Not to post jack, but for the guys with Two Bros headers, have you been able to find any non-two bros exhausts that will fit? I've got an extra Yosh can, but it's no go.

• Member Contributer
I can measure the Tbros OD if you want, iirc they're a couple mm larger than oem. The info is on the site here somewhere.

I believe OEM 98-99 are 36 OD. I could not find spec data for the TBR. Does the outlet match up with the OEM location?

The Tbros are just over 38mm OD. I haven't tried fitting a different exhaust to the header so I'm not sure if the outlet is in the same position or angle as oem. I do know Tbros sold a low and high mount full system but I don't know if those were the same header w/ different mid pipes or different headers. I need to replace the exhaust gasket (I have a leak between the header and mid pipe), when I do I'll try to slip the stock 5th gen pipe on the header and see if it lines up.

• Member Contributer

Nooooooo! How did I miss it?!? I don't care if it's Erion or TBR (I'd happily pay BIG bucks for either one...) but I suppose it would be nice to know the differences, if there are any.

Erion Racing was allegedly formed by one of the "Two Brothers" following a huge argument, after which they refused to speak to one another. No idea if that ever was true or it still is, but as neither of them will agree to make any more 5th-gen headers, I've got no use for either of them!

Ciao,

Here is the eBay listing, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...:SS:MOTORS:1123

With the new eBay format I can't tell if this sold or not, it only says the listing has ended. Maybe email them and see if it's still available? Are you back in the UK? If so and they won't deal with you have it shipped to me, I'm just a couple hours away from their Reno shop and can forward it to you.

• Member Contributer

Capn,

Thank you for those specs. I would be interested in the outlet's angle/length as it relates to the OEM position. Thank you for your time and effort.

• Member Contributer
Here is the eBay listing, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...:SS:MOTORS:1123

With the new eBay format I can't tell if this sold or not, it only says the listing has ended. Maybe email them and see if it's still available? Are you back in the UK? If so and they won't deal with you have it shipped to me, I'm just a couple hours away from their Reno shop and can forward it to you.

Cheers, I think it means they pulled it after getting an offer. Seller looks well dodgy, though!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Cheers, I think it means they pulled it after getting an offer. Seller looks well dodgy, though!

Ciao,

The word "thief" comes to mind.......

----- I wonder if a true peformance header was available for our 5th/6th VFRs would it sell? Probably have a nasty price tag though....

MD

Archived