Mcn Video Of "best Allrounders"

timmythecop

If you watch this carefully begining on the street, it is evident that the VFR isnt being pushed. Then on the track, it is clearly obvious that the guy is just touring around, while the other bikes are being thrashed. The clincher is that they say the BMW 1200GS does a better lap time by 2 seconds over the VFR, even though it is on dual purpose tyres.

I'm not the conpiracy theorist type, but someboy somewhere wanted the VRF to come in last. I know the VFR is conparatively heavy and not a true sportbike, but this is just nuts:

• Member Contributer

The clincher is that they say the BMW 1200GS does a better lap time by 2 seconds over the VFR, even though it is on dual purpose tyres. "Because it is so damn heavy and just scrapes everything".

I don't know how that is as the VFR rider has his knee a good 12" from the ground through that turn (about 2 minutes in).

Not surprising that a heavy 8 year old design doesn't show that well against the latest and greatest of it's competitors! Also I'm sure they traded riders on every bike throughout the test and didn't just stick the slow guy on the viffer. The GS's handle amazingly well and this newer version dropped something like 50 lbs of weight and picked up 30 hp.

So who cares! I love my VFR and could care less what anyone or anything else can do. +1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread, but I just found it. It does appear that there is a heavy anti-VFR bias with all of the any MCN reviews. That said, could this review (and others like it), as flawed as it is, be some sort of motivation for Honda? If testers were always singing the praises of the VFR, Honda may not be as inclined to make evolutionary changes to the VFR. But if the same comments from testers keep coming up (weight, VTEC complaints, linked brakes, etc), might it be enough inspiration for Honda to make the changes to the 6th Gen (or subsequent 7th gen)?

Just a thought...

What a bunch of cumquats.

And the award for the most vulgar use of a clean word goes to SEBSPEED for kumquat.

I literally laughed for two minutes before I was able to type. Next time I eat a kumquat, I know I'll end up thinking of a GS flogging a VFR around the track.

• Member Contributer

And the award for the most vulgar use of a clean word goes to SEBSPEED for kumquat.

I literally laughed for two minutes before I was able to type. Next time I eat a kumquat, I know I'll end up thinking of a GS flogging a VFR around the track.

Priceless. :ph34r: :blink: :laugh:

What can be more innocent than a kumquat

180px-Kumquat.jpeg

But leave it to Seb to evilize it.

Seb, you should be hearing from cumquat lawyers soon for character assassination :goofy:

I have almost zero respect for MCN. They're the "National Inquirer" of the moto-news world. All that's missing from their coverage of the motorcycle industry is BatBoy.

A Gixxer is an "Allrounder"??? In what F#$%ing universe?

Hey, Gixxers can do a lot of things better or easier than a VFR. Like wheelies, stoppies, burnouts, stoplight-to-stoplight drag racing...and being ridden around in wife beaters, cargo shorts and flipflops. :cool:

• Member Contributer
I have almost zero respect for MCN. They're the "National Inquirer" of the moto-news world. All that's missing from their coverage of the motorcycle industry is BatBoy.
A Gixxer is an "Allrounder"??? In what F#$%ing universe?

Hey, Gixxers can do a lot of things better or easier than a VFR. Like wheelies, stoppies, burnouts, stoplight-to-stoplight drag racing...and being ridden around in wife beaters, cargo shorts and flipflops. :laugh:

Well, sure... for the first half hour. But what do you do for the other 4 hours that your friends are out riding their VFR's without backpain??

Sweet on the outside, salty & sour on the inside...

The late 2000s also saw the emergence of the word 'Kumquat' as a derogatory term (used to describe a clumsy or dolt-like person, usually following a failure on their part) into everyday conversation.

The kumquats or cumquats are a family of small fruit-bearing trees ... /... As the rind is sweet and the juicy centre is sour and salty, the raw fruit is usually consumed either whole, to savour the contrast, or only the rind is eaten.

Archived