Rc30 On Rc36 Rear End Sneak Preview

kgsmotorcycles

• Member Contributer

Just got me modded swingarm back from me local fabricators. The guy who knocked up one of the ttx electric bikes, Phil from Boal Engineering. Hes a fab welder so locked up the RC30 hub to my swing arm.

When i got it back it looked something a little familiar(not quite as nice) to what ive seen before by the VFR god that does all his own trick stuff on his Mr. RC45. He just posted some trick battery mod the other day, but no i cant afford one, but i want it, lol.

heres a few shots...

gallery_5025_556_210491.jpg

DSC00494.JPG

brembo race disk, soon to be held with the elusive 'K-nuts', much smaller and self locking items, will provide more clearence for chain adjustments. Standard rc nut on brake disk at mo....

gallery_5025_556_346059.jpg

DSC00495.JPG

some bolt adjustment also soon to be completed here with locking nuts on end as here nuts are not poping thru Alu. billet hanger....

gallery_5025_556_281249.jpg

DSC00492.JPG

see the newly welded on brake stay arrangement.. Holding on to the replacement AP caliper...

The drainage hole on swingarm will be drilled out a little to take the soon to be internal stainless brake hose....

gallery_5025_556_580404.jpg

DSC00493.JPG

I like the clean welding job....

So next job will be to clean it all up propper fit brake line add a few locking nuts to slightly longer nuts(still to purchace), Then get on bike....

Gold 5.75 dymags will grace the rear end soon enough....

Chain will be 520, just need to sort 520 sprockets once ive figured out what the sizes are ill be asking the parts man for....lol.

maybe the next post in 'modded questions'...

• Member Contributer

How much of this work had to be done to fit the RC30 axle, and how much was just extra?

Cheers,

• Member Contributer
How much of this work had to be done to fit the RC30 axle, and how much was just extra?

Cheers,

Rc axel went straight in.

The hub is the same size.

Only extras are the new brake caliper and brake arm lock up adaptor.

Guest vfroem

Nice Job !

I really like the AP calipper ! (what is the weight of the item ?)

Chain will be 520, just need to sort 520 sprockets once ive figured out what the sizes are ill be asking the parts man for....lol.

maybe the next post in 'modded questions'...

520 sprockets:

NC30(VFR400R) and NC35 (RVF400RR) rear sprockets will also fit.

Front: RC30 or Fireblade

• Member Contributer
(what is the weight of the item ?)

520 sprockets:

NC30(VFR400R) and NC35 (RVF400RR) rear sprockets will also fit.

Front: RC30 or Fireblade

no idea on weight. Im going by eye....

id like to match sprocket sizes as me rc36.. i think 16 front 42 rear.. cant remember. any idea as to which would be closest using nc parts?

Already have here standard rc sprockets, but there 525 and sprockets are different tooth....

• Member Contributer
id like to match sprocket sizes as me rc36.. i think 16 front 42 rear.. cant remember. any idea as to which would be closest using nc parts?

Already have here standard rc sprockets, but there 525 and sprockets are different tooth....

I had lined up the Chain Gang in Oz to make me a 530-pitch RC30/NC30 rear sprocket, but they inconsiderately went out of business before I could order it! Since then, I've had some success (albeit at a price) with Krause Racing's Sidewinder Sprockets...they will make anything you want. They offer several different materials and can machine them to fit any bolt pattern. Note that they will try to push you to order their high-end titanium-alloy sprockets, however. I wanted to stick with 530-pitch because my FP has a TTS big bore kit.

Ciao,

Guest vfroem

Rear I have a 520 alloy sprocket form "Wieres" in front a Fireblade 520 sprocket.

• Member Contributer

Ordered an rc30 rear sprocket in a 43 tooth and a 16 tooth steel 520 front, as most of similar generation hondas have same spec front......All from 'Renthal', thru Demon tweeks here in uk.

Will see what come thru and then go for the chain..

Just picked up an hrc rc30 sprcket cover to boot, so wonder if it will fit on....????

pics to follow if i ever get round to a few :cool:

Edited by B4D80Y

Guest vfroem
Just piced up an hrc rc30 sprcket cover to boot, so wonder if it will fit on....????

pics to follow if i ever get round to a few :ph34r:

The RC30 sprocket cover does fit (I really like the 'magnesium' word on the cover).

Only the speedometer pick up needs some adjustment; cover is narrwower than the original one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Not good news, sprocket cover has been 'lost in the post'.

Oh well....

Anyway things are moving along slowly.

gallery_5025_556_33691.jpg

28aug09.jpg so far so good..

It looks messy now, but im really happy with progress... Bikes looking real fat... :blush:

Swingarm will be done as and when i get off other easyer jobs...

Edited by B4D80Y

• Member Contributer
Hurry up !

I am already finished since a few hours....

(took only 7 years)

gallery_668_420_121271.jpg

aug.2009.03b.JPG

Very nice indeed.

Does it run properly yet?

Do your clocks work ok?

Is that a steel 520 rear sprocket you have there? (can i get one easily???)

Your adding a few battery cells?? I am looking into this also.. have you found any suitable?

Are you going to add a pair of those shiney crash bungs before the girlfriend knocks bike over ?

Guest vfroem

It runs great !

Clocks work ok; will mkae a picture tomorrow.

Rear sprocket is an alloy 520 RC30/NC30 item from 'Wieres'.

battery cells; A123 cells; for a V4 engine you need 8 cells. for Europe www.durbahn.de

Crash bungs; no...... (hope I do not need them......)

The pushbikes and all other stuff is far, far away from my bike.