Already Thinking Of A Custom Paint Job For My Rwb

gstanfield

• Member Contributer

While browsing for new riding gear I saw this jacket that I may buy. It has the repsol, but also RWB and it got me to thinking about what my bike would look like if I combined the two as on the jacket.

the above paint scheme added to this bike:

vfr_an12.jpg

so, any thoughts, ideas or concerns??

George

if you paint the RWB.... sad.gif

i think you need to trade me your tank and plastics for mine and then we can both be happy! tongue.gif

Agreed, you could easily sell that sweet RWB body set or a trade or cash and trade and paint over something common like Red! tongue.gif

• Member Contributer

Well, I was going to pos a pic of the RWB repsol, but this forum doesn't work like the 13 other ones I belong to. For some reason it will not allow me to link a pic that is hosted at another site, nor will it let me link to indy superbikes website. I don't really get it, but oh well.

George

• Member Contributer

i think you need to trade me your tank and plastics for mine and then we can both be happy! tongue.gif

Agreed, you could easily sell that sweet RWB body set or a trade or cash and trade and paint over something common like Red! tongue.gif

:laugh:

There's a thread in the body and paint section that has a collection of all the photochops and customs that have been posted.

Can that thread get pinned?

Done, thax! :laugh:

BTW George, you can buy those Repsol kits on eBay now w/everything less tank! :blink:

For some reason it will not allow me to link a pic that is hosted at another site, nor will it let me link to indy superbikes website.

You can only use direct links to images hosted on another site. Links that contain some form of scripting are not allowed.

But here is a Repsol VTEC.

post-3741-1245078488.jpg

• Member Contributer

+1. Painting over RWB would be a mortal sin. Sell them on here, buy some other plastics to paint over.

I agree, store/keep those RWB fairings and tank and just buy those pre-painted farings from eBay and maybe a salvaged tank for re-painting to match the Repsol fairings. You never know, you might suddenly miss the RWB paintjob after you had too many instances of people mistaking your bike for a more "common" CBR. :blink: :laugh:

But please do note that those aftermarket farings from the far east (HK?, Taiwan?) seems to have some fitting problems with mounting holes that dont quite match original locations. Not neccesarrily a plug and play situation, but might be worth the effort if you are handy enough with your hands and tools to make things right with them.

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

I understand the concern of painting over the RWb and making it into a full blown Repsol wanna-be. I'll have to take my time with photoshop and show you what I mean. Basically the jacket I was looking at is RWB AND[/b} repsol. My idea was to blend the two, not totally make the 25th anniversary model a Repsol. think of it as a 25th anniversary RWB repsol hybrid. I've seen those plastic sets on fleabay, but I refuse to send my money to hong kong and pay import fees and all that for something of unknown, yet expensive quality.

anyway, keep relaxed people as I'm doing nothing extreme at the current, just thinking of ideas for days to come. It's the curse of being a custom paint guy, no matter how nice something looks stock I still want to change it :laugh:

George

• Member Contributer

So I'm assuming you're looking at keeping the 'scheme' but using different colors for the stripes and whatnot. Either way, you're changing the paint scheme and would still be better off trading/selling your original panels for someone else's. The tank is a bit of a hitch though

• Member Contributer

Nevermind. I guess I'll see if I can photoshop what I'm talking about as I'm obviously not getting my thoughts across here. i'm not talking about changing the RWB scheme, just making a RWB repsol. Don't worry about it, when/if I can get a pic chopped up with photoshop I'll post it and then people can see what I am talking about.

George

For some reason it will not allow me to link a pic that is hosted at another site, nor will it let me link to indy superbikes website.

You can only use direct links to images hosted on another site. Links that contain some form of scripting are not allowed.

post-3741-1245078488.jpg

can someone please tell me more info on this bike?

• Member Contributer

post-3741-1245078488.jpg

Oh. My. God. Sorry to derail, but does anyone know whose bike this is? It already has all the things I have done/am doing to my VTEC (single side exhaust with a filler panel for the deleted dual cans, USD forks, radial brakes). I would kill (okay, I wouldn't really kill, but I would maim) for that filler panel so I don't have to make my own.

So, does anyone know this enterprising individual? Is he/she a member here, or at the "other" site?

Lacy

EDIT: After calming my pulse rate, I see the pic comes from a VFR site based in the Netherlands. I'm braving Google's translator to mine for more info...

UPDATE to the EDIT: The owner's username is XtremeBikeZ on vfroc.nl. I'm trying to find out if he has posted more pics or info.

• Member Contributer
so not something like this

3419417840_f3ff6ff109.jpg

NO, I think yours is an awsome example of taking a factory paint pattern, changing the colors and coming up with a wonderful concept. It is a very very clean bike and looks SHARP. My idea was more along the lines of changing the color fot he wheels (which many have done) and adding a graphics package with just a small splash of orange to the existing paint job. I'm not even certain how I would go about it, hence no photoshop drawing of my idea. It is/was mearly a rough thought waiting for ideas to bounce around until it became a concept. I'll still tinker with the idea, but in the meantime I think my wheels are going to get painted jsut as soon as I wear out the factory rubber on them.

Thanks,

George

Oh. My. God. Sorry to derail, but does anyone know whose bike this is? It already has all the things I have done/am doing to my VTEC (single side exhaust with a filler panel for the deleted dual cans, USD forks, radial brakes). I would kill (okay, I wouldn't really kill, but I would maim) for that filler panel so I don't have to make my own.

So, does anyone know this enterprising individual? Is he/she a member here, or at the "other" site?

Lacy

EDIT: After calming my pulse rate, I see the pic comes from a VFR site based in the Netherlands. I'm braving Google's translator to mine for more info...

UPDATE to the EDIT: The owner's username is XtremeBikeZ on vfroc.nl. I'm trying to find out if he has posted more pics or info.

The bike has been build by Rob Lindemans, he also builded the RC36-II->RC45 bike (see picture below RC45 / RC36->RC45). He sold the Vtec after it was finished.

He is also the builder of my project bike.

At the moment he is building a bike based on a VF750F endurance engine and 'Nico Bakker' endurance frame, USD front fork, titanium, CBR1000RR parts etc.

Will send him a link to this topic.

gallery_668_420_36699.jpg

RC36 & RC45

Archived