Red Wheels Are Faster...right?

FJ12Ryder

• Member Contributer

After having the bike apart since before Thanksgiving, it is now all back in one piece. I did all the 30,000 mile maintainance, including new NGK Iridium plugs.

And of course had the wheels powdercoated!! I think they turned out wonderful, even better than I had anticipated. It took two tries to get them the correct color, the first color was too orange and I had to take them to another place since the original place didn't seem to care that they were not a match. The second place was fantastic, great job, done quickly, and the price was right too. How much better can you get!?? Anyone needs anything powdercoated in the KC area, check with Crosslink Powder Coating . That was a shameless plug, hopefully okay?

Here's some pics:

Leftside-1.jpg

LeftSide.jpg

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Enjoy.

• Member Contributer
That's the first one I've seen with red wheels. Looks great (if ya like red that is). The whole package works. Nice.

Thanks, I was a little worried that it would be too much red. The back end has so much black that I thought a continuation of the red would break up the black rear wheel area. And I think it worked out okay.

I think it looks sharp. And I am so glad you posted this because I was debating on what color to get my wheels powdercoated----easy decision now!

How did they match up the color? I hope my local place can do the same.....

• Member Contributer
I think it looks sharp. And I am so glad you posted this because I was debating on what color to get my wheels powdercoated----easy decision now!

Thanks.

When you take your wheels in take along a piece of the body, I took the front fender since it's the easiest to remove. When I went to the first shop they compared the fender to a paint chip and went from there, but it was too orange when they were done. They showed no interest in correcting the color so I took it to another shop. This guy said he would spray some test pieces and compare them to the fender, and it matched up perfectly when he was finished IMO.

My advice would be to try to talk to some people that have had some work done. I couldn't find anyone locally that had done anything so I was on my own. Good luck.

• Member Contributer

I've been trying to decide on a color for mine too and red keeps going to the top of the list.

Well done! :3:

• Member Contributer

I've been trying to decide on a color for mine too and red keeps going to the top of the list.

Well done! :3:

Dutch, I take it you are talking about your second set of wheels?

Howard, the bike looks great! I don't know if you want to ride with me, my bike isn't nearly clean enough to even park close to you. :3:

• Member Contributer

Howard, the bike looks great! I don't know if you want to ride with me, my bike isn't nearly clean enough to even park close to you. :3:

Man you should have seen it earlier today. LOL I spent most of today just getting it cleaned up so I could take some pics. It was looking pretty filthy. Hadn't been cleaned since we came back from Oklahoma last year. I love it when they're clean, but sometimes have to push myself to do it.

Actually my third set! :3:

Attention....you there...step away from the set of wheels and put your wallet away. What we have here is a wheel whore...no good could possibly come of this. :3:

Oh...and red is nowhere near black Dutch. tongue.gif

Archived