You Pick My Next Mod!

house

You Pick my next mod  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mod do you want to see first?

• Mount the black swingarm
    • Install the R&G frame sliders
    • Paint the radiators (I know... been done to death)
    • Install the Galfer break lines
    • Paint the forks

My VFR is feeling neglected as I have about 4 mods laying in the garage that need to happen, but I have been too lazy to do. So as I catch up, I am letting you guys pick the mod since I cannot get movitated enough to pick one. Here are your options:

Mount the black swingarm

Install the R&G frame sliders

Paint the radiators (I know... been done to death)

Paint the forks

Install the Galfer break lines

I think I know the outcome... but thought I wouldask for fun...

Yeah, you know what it'll be.

Get that swing arm mounted!

The silver swing arm is feeling like the minority around all those fine black pieces! wink.gif

• Member Contributer
I voted for the frame sliders, they're be more useful than everything else on the list.

I also voted sliders. But I did it because while you have your fairings off, you can paint the rads. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Although I am not sure what the best order would be, from a mechanic point of view, I voted for painting the forks. Seemed maybe less messy and more straightforward than the rest, and it may be a good way to "get back into mods". A taste of what's to come? Go get a case of cold barley soup, :huh: bottle of cognac, bottle of Chard or your favorite Merlot :biggrin: :beer: and get started!!

Anyway, good luck and please post pics when done.

PPM

I had a buddy just do the lower fork legs on his VTR a few months ago. Went with the black powdercoating. Of course this required me to completely disassemble and reassemble when the were done. He needed new springs anyways, so I did those too along with seals, etc. Turned out really good.

Yes, he needs to do his swingarm as well.

gallery_1859_551_27829.jpg

gallery_1859_551_21424.jpg

I had a buddy just do the lower fork legs on his VTR a few months ago. Went with the black powdercoating. Of course this required me to completely disassemble and reassemble when the were done. He needed new springs anyways, so I did those too along with seals, etc. Turned out really good.

Yes, he needs to do his swingarm as well.

So are you trying to convince me to bring the VFR up to Athens (along with beer) so that I can hold the flashlight and pass you tools while you pull my forks for powdercoating? SOLD!! :rolleyes:

Paint, paint, paint. Nice, but go with the performance mod first, that you can actually use on the street. That would be the only performance mod you mentioned, the brake lines. Then, if it's the only one you get around to it'll already be done and ready for Spring!

So are you trying to convince me to bring the VFR up to Athens (along with beer) so that I can hold the flashlight and pass you tools while you pull my forks for powdercoating? SOLD!! :mad:

Bring it on out. What the heck, I've already got 6 bikes in the garage. What's one more?? You in a hurry for it?? Shoot, I could do the forks, swingarm, etc. for you. :rolleyes:

Oh, you have a second set of wheels that need to be done still too, right? You could check out what I've done to my GSXR600 and the sound of the Scorpion exhaust too. Carbon would be better, but the SS is only $200

• Member Contributer
FORKS! Because I'll be doing that soon and I want to see how it looks.....

I knew you'd get the hint(s)! :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

I think there is only one clear answer to the poll - the brake lines. It's the only 'mod' I see listed, everything else is just a 'customization'. right?

• Member Contributer
I would consider the frame sliders a mod; they do serve a meaningful purpose.

Yup.

• Member Contributer
I would consider the frame sliders a mod; they do serve a meaningful purpose.

I don't know... maybe. At the very least it's a stretch.

Archived