You Pick My Next Mod!

house

You Pick my next mod  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mod do you want to see first?

• Mount the black swingarm
    • Install the R&G frame sliders
    • Paint the radiators (I know... been done to death)
    • Install the Galfer break lines
    • Paint the forks

I would consider the frame sliders a mod; they do serve a meaningful purpose.

I don't know... maybe. At the very least it's a stretch.

Especially on a newer VFR, these make perfect sense. Installing them makes a big difference in the amount of damage done under the side fairings in most crashes. The side mount radiators are extremely vulnerable, as are the ABS controller and ECU which are mounted in a similar fashion as the rads inside the upper fairing.

Yes, in some instances they can cause damage that would not have been sustained without them, but as I said, in MOST cases they prevent quite a bit of expensive damage.

• Member Contributer

Especially on a newer VFR, these make perfect sense. Installing them makes a big difference in the amount of damage done under the side fairings in most crashes. The side mount radiators are extremely vulnerable, as are the ABS controller and ECU which are mounted in a similar fashion as the rads inside the upper fairing.

Yes, in some instances they can cause damage that would not have been sustained without them, but as I said, in MOST cases they prevent quite a bit of expensive damage.

But is it a 'mod'? I always get a chuckle when people put on an undertail kit, flush mount signals, smoke screen, etc, etc, etc. and call their bike 'highly modded'. That bike is 'highly customized'. A bike with ported heads, custom profile cams, a special Ohlins shock, Ohlins inverted forks, custom braced swingarm, etc. is 'highly modded'. I guess that's just my opinion based on the way I look at things.

Mod, customization... doesn't matter to me as long as I am making it mine smile.gif

The swingarm has the lead... looks like that's where I am headed. I am taking the GSXR rims up to see WERA803 this weekend for some badly needed fresh rubber and I already added a hookup for my heated gear... so now the VFR can be taken apart. Probably get started next week. If I get lucky, all of this will be done for TMAC smile.gif

Mod, customization... doesn't matter to me as long as I am making it mine smile.gif

The swingarm has the lead... looks like that's where I am headed. I am taking the GSXR rims up to see WERA803 this weekend for some badly needed fresh rubber and I already added a hookup for my heated gear... so now the VFR can be taken apart. Probably get started next week. If I get lucky, all of this will be done for TMAC smile.gif

My offer stands Will if you want to bring me the whole VFR. I can do the swingarm along with the other stuff if you want.

But is it a 'mod'? I always get a chuckle when people put on an undertail kit, flush mount signals, smoke screen, etc, etc, etc. and call their bike 'highly modded'. That bike is 'highly customized'. A bike with ported heads, custom profile cams, a special Ohlins shock, Ohlins inverted forks, custom braced swingarm, etc. is 'highly modded'. I guess that's just my opinion based on the way I look at things.

It's just verbage dude, this is America. One person's whassup is another person's hello how are you while a third looks up waiting for something to fall on him.

A mod is anything other than stock, customized could be a modded stock part or an addition of a non-stock part. A bike could be customized "for a racing application" with what you describe as "highly modded".

Potato, Pohtahto.

I still say Will should get his gimpy arse in gear and do it all at once. :fing02:

Archived