The Picture Thread - The Kootenay Hootenanny 2008

Thumper 8

• Member Contributer

Well, I'm glad to here everyone made it home safe. I want to say thanks again to everyone for a great time.

It was a long ride on the old girl but she ran great! And I did ring her neck pretty hard on the way home. But like I told you guys Im looking for a 6th gen.

Well, I found one going to pick it up Saturday 02 Red, S-tunes, Stock bags,21k. :warranty:

I am also keeping 86 She will be well cared for and ridden on shorter trips. I just know if I sell I will be sorry

So lets keep talking about next year. Colorado? or even mini rides. I willing to help where I can

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Ok, I'll admit it, I'm image submission challenged. How do I take my pictures from My Pictures Files in Microsoft and put them here? I See the Image Tag gizmo and it wants me to put in my URL. Would someone please walk me through the process, and please, don't skip the minor details.

Thanks, I've got some great pictures of the Nelson Trip. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to another meet.

Also, it's nice to see the pictures with the names and bikes as it helps to sort things out. One more meet and I'd have most everybody's name matched with their face. Good people.

By the way, has any one heard from 12-Volt Terry? Hope he made it home without too much difficulty.

12-Volt Terry? Who's that? I know a 10.7-Volt Terry, could that be the same guy? :warranty:

P.PM

• Member Contributer

Home finally - cloudy most of the day (through the Cascades) and brutal rain the last hour or so - nice to be home.

I really should have planned for this... I did not have much planned this weekend! Arg! Next year for sure. I'm in smile.gif

Tony, why didn't you talk me into this?

Lee, I know I mentioned the Nelson meet when we got together with Don and Scotty at Granville Isle in the spring, but I obviously didn't remind you... you would have had a great time. Next year we can ride down to Colorado with the crew... you just know there is going to be a crew heading south!

Tony had a better plug kit, so we used his....

Hey Tony, what brand of plug kit do you have? I want to replace mine with that brand.

Keith, after my multiple punctures heading home from Newport in 2006, I used up my old kit (ably assisted by George!) and got a new kit from the Les Schwab dealer in Yakima the next day. That was the first time I used it - seemed to work well, and I seem to remember the price was pretty reasonable. It came in a 6" long plastic cylinder... which I threw away while we were at the 7-11. Glad the plug held out for your ride home.

And congrats to Cass - I didn't ride with you and Tim this year, but well done on a challenging long ride... and on a beautiful bike too!

Here are a few more pics from the trip.

Radar taking a pic of him hitting 50000

gallery_9871_2814_1237847.jpg

VFRKOOTEY08 031.jpg

it was so nice that we hit a turnout at the exact time

gallery_9871_2814_844044.jpg

VFRKOOTEY08 032.jpg

We had to catch our own dinner at Didits..yum yum Quail

gallery_9871_2814_343018.jpg

VFRKOOTEY08 043.jpg

Radars SAG clinic at Tony's

gallery_9871_2814_68383.jpg

VFRKOOTEY08 058.jpg

If you look really hard to the right you can see Tony's house. This was a fun ride up the back way into Vernon. Left to right is Tony(Didit), Darren (Radar), me, Kevin (cagelessinseattle) and of course Craig (CVVFR)

gallery_9871_2814_513969.jpg

VFRKOOTEY08 059.jpg

I hit 40000 on the above trip

gallery_9871_2814_1064661.jpg

VFRKOOTEY08 064.jpg

My first VFRD Meet Mod, Thanks Tony and HAHA Derrick

gallery_9871_2814_1215580.jpg

VFRKOOTEY08 069.jpg

The Nelson welcome wagon

gallery_9871_2814_1098846.jpg

VFRKOOTEY08 131.jpg

It was hard to say goodbye to Nelson with a view like this.

gallery_9871_2814_544910.jpg

VFRKOOTEY08 234.jpg

Thanks Everyone for making this trip SO much fun and a Big Thanks to my Riding Partner on the trip Darren. Radar I'll be your wingman any time.

• Member Contributer

Great shots Dean, glad you and everybody back home is doing good, As for the MOD sad.gif 5 secs more and it was mine.. O well you can have to triple cover, as we spent our extra money smoozing the cute waitress smile.gif.

Great shots Dean, glad you and everybody back home is doing good, As for the MOD sad.gif 5 secs more and it was mine.. O well you can have to triple cover, as we spent our extra money smoozing the cute waitress smile.gif.

I new it!!!!! She was pretty nice I may say and I think Darren will agree.

• Member Contributer
That Harley Nightmare pic is awesome. I gotta send it to my coworkers who all ride Harleys and give me crap for riding a Honda. Thanks for the pics. :warranty:

Me too!! :fing02:

• Member Contributer
we spent our extra money smoozing the cute waitress smile.gif.
I new it!!!!! She was pretty nice I may say and I think Darren will agree.

Yep - she was cute for sure :warranty:

Nelson200828200.jpg

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2008-...ptor-86719.html

Check this review between the Intercepter and the BMW F800ST.

I don't agree with their conclusions even though one guy picked the VFR for long distance, aggressive riding and picked the BMW for around town and shorter stuff. They list the HP of this year's VFR as 89. BS, I say.

There's a video of the two bikes and an article, check it out.

My brother is a BMW nut and we test rode the same bike in the article and when my brother got off it he was smiling real big, then I got on it and rode it and thought it light and sluggish. In no way could I compare it to my bike. So I ride it back and see that my brother has gone off on my bike in the interim and now he's back and shaking his head and says "why would I pay the same price for the BMW when I could have that Intercepter?" He didn't get the bike but later bought a 1200 GS.

I thought I'd post here first for my Kootenay Holligans to read first. Miguel can move it if he wants.

Glad to see you made it home, HispanicSlammer. Two 600 mile days is good riding. I just hope you didn't settle for freeway riding with so many good mountain roads in Colorado. It was fun riding with you and all.

• Member Contributer

Some great pictures here! Here are a couple more...I'll add a few more when I have a bit more time.

Christian, Stephane and Jeanne at the bed and breakfast in Rock Creek. (I am still amazed at how Stephane went up that gravel road! :goofy: )

gallery_14228_4082_192174.jpg

Overnighter in Rock Creek

Most of the 'slow' group waiting for the Balfour ferry. What a perfect day!

gallery_14228_4082_173646.jpg

Waiting for the Balfour ferry

Cheers! Can't wait for the next in Colorado (or wherever)!

• Forum CEO

some pictures I took - adding to my blog later

gallery_491_4084_85965.jpg

The group at the Welcome to Nelson sign

gallery_491_4084_41680.jpg

Murphy meets bugs

gallery_491_4084_82470.jpg

Parking Lot New Grand Hotel

gallery_491_4084_14492.jpg

Parking Lot New Grand Hotel

gallery_491_4084_4684.jpg

Having Nelson Brewing Company ales at the New Grand

gallery_491_4084_31094.jpg

VFRS Lined up

gallery_491_4084_25337.jpg

VFRD Members getting ready to ride

gallery_491_4084_19601.jpg

The fast group takes a break in Slocan

gallery_491_4084_18943.jpg

I think I said cheese but I might have said - cops and everybody scattered

gallery_491_4084_55585.jpg

Kaslo Jeff and Stephane

gallery_491_4084_116583.jpg

talking about the great 31a

gallery_491_4084_35335.jpg

Kaslo BC

gallery_491_4084_6591.jpg

bikes lined up after riding 31a

gallery_491_4084_77908.jpg

Alberta Bound with the Calgary Crew in Creston after riding the DH1

• Member Contributer

If I counted right, there are 35 folks in that group shot.......really good turnout.......... :goofy: A group picture should have been done at this years T-Mac....shame it wasn't............ :goofy:

miguel suggested a meet in colorado next year.

if we had 35 people come this far, think about how many we could get together if it was centrally located, like say colorado springs?

i'd certainly be in to ride in colorado again then work my way up the east coast next time.

If I counted right, there are 35 folks in that group shot.......really good turnout.......... :goofy: A group picture should have been done at this years T-Mac....shame it wasn't............ :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Neat interviews....... :goofy: I feel "slighted" though......Miguel didn't ask me my screen name the first time he met me...... :goofy:

• Member Contributer
Neat interviews....... :fing02: I feel "slighted" though......Miguel didn't ask me my screen name the first time he met me...... :goofy:

Well, no offense Skuuter, but maybe you were wearing your riding apparel? If that was the case, the question would have been irrelevant, as ther are so few people wearing one like yours--you are recognizable... :fing02: This being said, too bad we couldn't meet famous people like you up here, it would have been great. But it was probably too cold for your guys, only 38 degrees celcius--about 100 farenheit--since you guys must be used to much hotter than that down there... :goofy:

Anyway, maybe I'll have a chance to shake the hand of famous people like you, after shaking HS's. My way of getting close to famous people. Red carpet? :fing02:

P.PM

• Member Contributer
Neat interviews....... :fing02: I feel "slighted" though......Miguel didn't ask me my screen name the first time he met me...... :goofy:

Well, no offense Skuuter, but maybe you were wearing your riding apparel? If that was the case, the question would have been irrelevant, as ther are so few people wearing one like yours--you are recognizable... :biggrin: This being said, too bad we couldn't meet famous people like you up here, it would have been great. But it was probably too cold for your guys, only 38 degrees celcius--about 100 farenheit--since you guys must be used to much hotter than that down there... :rolleyes:

Anyway, maybe I'll have a chance to shake the hand of famous people like you, after shaking HS's. My way of getting close to famous people. Red carpet? :rolleyes:

P.PM

HA HA HA...."FAMOUS"......PFffft........... :biggrin: When I walked over to HS to introduce myself and Mitzie, I think he had already seen too many pictures of Me, Her, and the Shell Station on his Site and the intro was unnecessary................ :goofy:

I still do my part to keep his memory "FRESH"................ :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
HA HA HA...."FAMOUS"......PFffft........... :rolleyes: When I walked over to HS to introduce myself and Mitzie, I think he had already seen too many pictures of Me, Her, and the Shell Station on his Site and the intro was unnecessary................ :fing02:

I still do my part to keep his memory "FRESH"................ :rolleyes:

Well, anyone who is identified as "someone to make an example of" by the police is almost, by definition, famous. Like Jesse James?? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: (big grin here) Speaking of which, any problems with the local LEOs lately? :goofy:

Glad to see that you're still in good spirits. As always.

Cheers,

P.PM

• Member Contributer
Hey Rick! Your cam gears are whining louder than a 4 year old! smiley_finger-195050.gif

I was off throttle, so the gear driven cam sound really comes through. Definitely catches your attention, eh ?

• Member Contributer

I was not sure where to put this. I know little off topic but. Most of you I talked to at this great event herd me say that I was going to get 6th gen. Well here it is. gallery_9082_4089_126472.jpg

IMGP0957 (2).JPG

She is an 02 with Staintunes,Gen-mar risers,Zero-G ,I got the hard bags ,Rich's Seat,Power port for vest, 21k,

To remind people what I was riding

gallery_9082_2844_184043.jpg

IMGP0739.jpg

To answer your question. YES! I keeping it.

I sure could use some help though. How do I find out if recalls have been done.

Ok, Im done hijacking tread thanks.

I was not sure where to put this. I know little off topic but most of you I talked to at this great event herd me say that I was going to get 6th gen. Well here it is. gallery_9082_4089_126472.jpg

IMGP0957 (2).JPG

She is an 02 with Staintunes,Gen-mar risers,Zero-G ,I got the hard bags ,Rich's Seat,Power port for vest, 21k,

To remind people what I was riding

gallery_9082_2844_184043.jpg

IMGP0739.jpg

To answer your question. YES! I keeping it.

I sure could use some help though. How do I find out if recalls have been done.

Ok, Im done hijacking tread thanks.

How could we forget your ride it was/is sweet. Congrats on the new bike and LET THE MODS BEGIN!!!!!!!!

• Member Contributer

My pics.

Thx all for a great time.

I will definitely be up for the next rally.

Best,

Craig

gallery_446_606_296503.jpg

IMG_1889.JPG

gallery_446_606_295867.jpg

IMG_1905.JPG

gallery_446_606_167271.jpg

IMG_1904.JPG

gallery_446_606_34070.jpg

IMG_1852.JPG

gallery_446_606_113757.jpg

IMG_1834.JPG