The Picture Thread - The Kootenay Hootenanny 2008

Thumper 8

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job on that 10 minute video, the music mix was perfect, kept my feet bouncing while playing through the memories. Next time keep up so I can get in the shot, huh?

Just kidding, looks like you guys had a great ride home. I'm getting ready to head to Fort St. James, B.C. later in the week, this time it's a wedding and I'll be on my VFR, last time it was a wake for an old buddy and we took the car. Oh well.

Just missed a PNW Sportbike rally in Stevenson, WA, on the Columbia River, not far from Vanc., Wa. There are many good breweries in the area. Let's not forget the BEER! I'll plan better next year. Must put on Calendar, Take August and Sept off!

Magellen, did you go to it?

• Member Contributer

Miguel great job on video !! i will definitely remember this rd trip and all the great people

• Member Contributer
Just missed a PNW Sportbike rally in Stevenson, WA, on the Columbia River, not far from Vanc., Wa.

Yup! cassandtim and I and another buddy on a Sprint spent three days of two-wheeled bliss in and around Stevenson. I wish I had video of the ride up the Maryhill Loops. Switchback after switchback. In fact, all the routes were phenomenal. Great event, and much less :biggrin: ly than I feared it might be. Only three accidents that I heard of and nothing but a few scrapes and bruises. Not bad for 300 or so bikes!

• Member Contributer
IMGP0085.jpgIMGP0104.jpgIMGP0115.jpg

Hey I know that bike and rider in the first pic. Cool shot. How did your kid like the Spidey pics Jeff?

He thought it was totally cool :fing02: now he wants to know when dads going to do the same. :unsure:

it was so interesting with so many bikes and all the different mods i think the the stock bikes like mine were definitely in the minority.

IMO i thought yours and axles tangerine bike just stood out from the pack.

• Member Contributer

picture of myself and Tammy (Axles wife) not sure where Derek was he was suppose be in the pic aswell LOL

you guys were allot of fun!

JeffIMGP0115.jpg

• Member Contributer
I was not sure where to put this. I know little off topic but. Most of you I talked to at this great event herd me say that I was going to get 6th gen. Well here it is. gallery_9082_4089_126472.jpg

IMGP0957 (2).JPG

She is an 02 with Staintunes,Gen-mar risers,Zero-G ,I got the hard bags ,Rich's Seat,Power port for vest, 21k,

To remind people what I was riding

gallery_9082_2844_184043.jpg

IMGP0739.jpg

To answer your question. YES! I keeping it.

I sure could use some help though. How do I find out if recalls have been done.

Ok, Im done hijacking tread thanks.

The meet would not be complete with out this beaut... It was the first bike I noticed when I started viewing this thread.

I use to work at a Honda dealership back in 1986 and I use to druel over this VFR every day... I wiped her down and sat on her... what a classic!!! I'd keep her too... No matter what!!!

Love the '02... Red with black wheels.. AWESOME combo!!!

• Member Contributer

Went through the files and found one last picture:

Tim doing his very "special" wave :fing02:

Nelson2008262.jpg

• Member Contributer

LOL. Rode all day with Tim and Darth Bling today and had the privelege of watching Tim whip out the very "special" wave a few times. Some of the bikers we passed looked back with an expression that read, "Whaaaaa? I didn't know they let epileptics have motorcycle endorsements..." tongue.gif

surely someone must have the photos of tim in his regulation riding gear - tanktop, shorts and yes, flipflops.

please post....

:goofy:

LOL. Rode all day with Tim and Darth Bling today and had the privelege of watching Tim whip out the very "special" wave a few times. Some of the bikers we passed looked back with an expression that read, "Whaaaaa? I didn't know they let epileptics have motorcycle endorsements..." tongue.gif

Just missed a PNW Sportbike rally in Stevenson, WA, on the Columbia River, not far from Vanc., Wa.

Yup! cassandtim and I and another buddy on a Sprint spent three days of two-wheeled bliss in and around Stevenson. I wish I had video of the ride up the Maryhill Loops. Switchback after switchback. In fact, all the routes were phenomenal. Great event, and much less :pissed: ly than I feared it might be. Only three accidents that I heard of and nothing but a few scrapes and bruises. Not bad for 300 or so bikes!

I'm on their mailing list, hoping to attend next year. Sounds like fun. I've taken a couple of trips down the east side of Mt St Helens to the Columbia, Hood River, etc, great country to ride in and always a brew pub near by.

• Member Contributer

Great write ups & photos!! What a great ride all ya'll had! I am sooo jealous..... Guess I'll have to get motivated to take a real vacation one of these days......

cheers!

I doubt anybody accually got a photo of tim in flip flops smile.gif

2825340387_7a59e6d0b6_b.jpg

Dude, the International Brotherhood of Fellas Named Timothy (IBFNT), have revoked your Tim card. You are now......floppy.

enjoy

Archived