Possible New Front End Option?

SEBSPEED

Question

I was checking out a 2007(or 08?) Triumph Tiger today, and we happened to have a tape measure handy... can you believe that they are not only long enough, but actually longer than the VTEC forks?

Unloaded free length from axle center to top of fork cap: 32 5/8"

Discuss!

10 answers to this question

good looking set up and REALLY good looking wheel.

tfeat198.jpg

Too bad there is no solution to making a match for the back.

PS, why you going around with a tape measure anyway?

Well, it should be, being an "Adventure" type bike which is supposed to have more travel up front than the usual road bike. Notice the longer than usual slider tube (compared to most USD road forks) exposed at the bottom of that fork. I'm wondering, could too much travel be an issue?? And who makes the forks for Triumph, Showa?? At least it might give VFR owners more to choose from....at least till Triumph owners find out that they are suddenly in demand out there. :fing02:

Beck

95 VFR

You're going to have to do some of your own homework on this one, we just checked the fork free length... and it was a white one too Timmy!! :fing02:

the telemetry suggested so.

tfeat198.jpg

There was a topic a while back on Carrazochi wheels, something like that anyway. You'd need a Duc rear axle, but from memory the wheel could sort of match that Triumph front.

I was checking out a 2007(or 08?) Triumph Tiger today, and we happened to have a tape measure handy... can you believe that they are not only long enough, but actually longer than the VTEC forks?

Discuss!

Just did some quick research and the Tiger uses the same steering head bearings as the VFR. So, as long as the steering stem is long enough to fit the VFR frame, the swap should be fairly easy to do. :fing02:

There was a topic a while back on Carrazochi wheels, something like that anyway. You'd need a Duc rear axle, but from memory the wheel could sort of match that Triumph front.

Yes, you can order a signal nut 12-spoke Carrozzeria wheel for the VFR. It includes a custom axle to convert the stock VFR hub to accept the signal nut wheel. Coyze is a dealer for them and his prices are good.

• Member Contributer

Discuss!

Just did some quick research and the Tiger uses the same steering head bearings as the VFR. So, as long as the steering stem is long enough to fit the VFR frame, the swap should be fairly easy to do. :fing02:

Yes, you can order a signal nut 12-spoke Carrozzeria wheel for the VFR. It includes a custom axle to convert the stock VFR hub to accept the signal nut wheel. Coyze is a dealer for them and his prices are good.

I wonder how the geometry would work out... I wouldn't be surprised if the 1050's alll use the same steerer tube/bearings. If so the Speed Triple front end might work and is fully adjustable, or the Sprint front end might work.

• Member Contributer

Seb, nice find. I was looking REAL hard at the new tiger as my next bike and here's a few quick observations: It's not a big seller (first year 07's still available), reviews say the suspension is good but no raves, etc, and right now there isn't a used parts market on me-pay. IOW, a full front end will be pretty hard to find me thinks.

That's the one - cheers Darth.

HONGallery110.JPG

The Carrozzeria topic is HERE...

Re. part availability - these things sell well in Europe so check the various Euro ebay sites...

Archived