Cbvfr1100xx

Guest TexasDawg

let's see some pics of those brake lines installed inside of the SSSA. I must have missed the orginal post regarding that mod. Seems cool though.

• Member Contributer
Another Frankenbike. :fing02:

Rock On! :beer:

Phew! Sure glad I dropped acid before I watched that video!!!

Mr. Dawg,

That is one hot Blackbird. I really admire your talent!

let's see some pics of those brake lines installed inside of the SSSA. I must have missed the orginal post regarding that mod. Seems cool though.

Check the "Featured Modificatons" forum, post is called "The lines are now running through the swingarm".

Guest TexasDawg

The bike handles nice, no complaints. The wheel base is approx. 1.5 inches longer, so it's slower turning but more stable at speed. The swingarm fit with a spacer I built that's approx. 5.5mm wide. The linkage was the most time consumming part of the build. My mill is a small, import one and manual. After that, it was pretty much bolt together. The brakes were already de-linked before the build, so I just had to get a new back brakeline. I would have never thought to put the brakeline in the swingarm without the ideal already being here and done before. It was easier than I thought it would be. Nothing like drilling a hole in a perfectly good swingarm,eh! I added some more pics of some details,,, and as for the V4, I already have one bike with a V4. Although I think Honda messed up and stuck it in the frame wrong. HAHA,,,

gallery_13576_3866_230654.jpg

mixedpair.jpg

gallery_13576_3866_146445.jpg

spacer.jpg

gallery_13576_3866_51367.jpg

linkage.jpg

gallery_13576_3866_170325.jpg

dogbone.jpg

gallery_13576_3866_54404.jpg

midpipe.jpg

gallery_13576_3866_204652.jpg

brakeline4.jpg

gallery_13576_3866_255104.jpg

brakeline3.jpg

gallery_13576_3866_21509.jpg

brakeline.jpg

gallery_13576_3866_11800.jpg

brakeline2.jpg

Hope I didn't take up too much room,,, later Tony

Looks sweet, I vow to have a mill & lathe in my shop one day soon as well!

What did you use around the brakeline at the hole? I'm still trying to locate nylon bushings like that for the last lines I ran... ?

Guest TexasDawg

Sebspeed, the rubber grommets came from O'reilys, an autoparts store here in Texas (around Houston at least). They were for running wires thru the dashboard into the engine compartment. They have a section for doodads like that. If you need some let me know and I'll get you some. I drilled 1/2" holes and they're made to fit a 1/2" hole. PM me or post it here,,, couldn't fabricate without my mill and lathe. Although they let me get into trouble sometimes. Next year is a Tig or mig welder maybe and then the trouble really starts,,,hahahaha

Dude that is one schweeeeet looking bike... top stuff!!

Another Frankenbike. :warranty:

Rock On! :fing02:

I think these guys confused theri morning dose of ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) with the lysergic variety (Vitamin T). :goofy: Great riffs though!!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Black Bird is an awesome bike well deserving of a single sided swingarm. Here's another CBX frankenbike I love.

CBX.jpg

WOW this and the op's XX are both so clean and well done that it's kinda hard to tell it's so modded unless you look to the fine details. Both projects very well done. Now ride the tires offa them things fellers!!!

• 2 weeks later...