Nice Ride In Ny Today, Catskill Park

Really enjoyed the report, like how you got the VFR in with the scenery :fing02: .. is she a fair weather bike? I wish the roads around where I live were so deserted.

Thank you, glad you liked it!

Fair weather meaning no snow or ice? Yep! I will ride rain or shine from now till it snows again though! The truck just doesn't do as well with mpg's... :fing02:

• Member Contributer

NICE pics SEB!! I was afraid you would forget how to ride over the winter after you got clinically depressed with the white stuff. wink.gif

Looks like you got the goody out of that rear tire. I'm taking mine off too soon...:fing02:

Guest geezerx

Nice report, Seb. I was in that same area a few years ago and never stopped for pics. Hope to make it back sometime.

I moved to feature, looks like the roads are as dirty as Colorado. wont be swept or clean till mid June around here.

Yes, thank you! Most of the main roads and even the backroad twisties are clean in my area, the dirty ones pistured are way up in the hills(middle of nowhere for most people), and like you say, won't be clean till June. They don't sweep around here, they're cheap and make mother nature do their work... :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Now THAT was a ride report. The roads look quite inviting and once the hills green up it'll be fantastic. There is a reason that New Yorkers have flocked to these mountains for years ... and still do. It's beautiful. Seb, you are a lucky guy to have all these roads right out your back door.

Thanks for a great look at where to go in the Catskills...

• Member Contributer
Now THAT was a ride report. The roads look quite inviting and once the hills green up it'll be fantastic. There is a reason that New Yorkers have flocked to these mountains for years ... and still do. It's beautiful. Seb, you are a lucky guy to have all these roads right out your back door.

Thanks for a great look at where to go in the Catskills...

Have you ever taken a trip to central PA on your bike? I spent last Thanksgiving in State College and couldn't believe how breathtaking some of the views were. A lot of western PA is the same way. It's almost like this state was made for motorcycles.

P.S. Take a look at the post entitled "Rides In Pa, Ny, Nj Region" on this web site's regional forum. You're welcome to come. The more people, the better.

• Member Contributer

Nice.

I ran almost that same loop a few times last summer. I usually come down 28a to 42 to 153 to 55, havent tried 47 yet. So, 206 is finally open , huh? I had some "adventures" last few trips up there with 206 being closed out of Roscoe. Had to take Horton Brook Road and make a few correct turns to end up at Gregorytown. Did a few miles in dirt figuring all this out of course. :goofy: :comp13:

Haven't made it as far north as 23A or 214.... my total loop takes me 460 miles from my place through bear mountain, then Dutchess County, then the Catskills via Kingston, and finally down 97 to Port Jervis then home...

Thinking of trying to cross at the Rip Van Winkle and head in through Catskill or stay overnight to get to the roads further north....

30 and old 17 are indeed good roads..

ever ride the other side of the pepacton 30-A ? I did it once, didn't see anyone, felt like I was on mars...

Hi Peto, I live on the northeast end of the park, 23A is 10 min from my house, lots of fun. Catskill is only 15min away, let me know next time you come through. I think PoconoVFR is coming up for this loop this Saturday...

• Member Contributer

Nice!

Thanks for a well written report with good pics. :fing02:

Makes me wanna take my bike over the Atlantic Ocean and do some serious touring.

We have some nice twisties here in the Scandinavian countries (Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark), but the huge amount of

roads and scenery you guys have over there is just...well...making me jealous all over! :fing02:

Great ride - Great Pics! It's not oo far from Ottawa for me I might have to make a long weekend out of it on my first Gen.

To answer your question below I found this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/3617...Wide_Angle.html

<quote>(ps, anyone know where to get a wide-angle lens for a Konica Minolta Z6??) </quote>

Hey, thanks!

Ottawa is about 4hrs, I think. There will be a couple other guys coming from Ottawa later this year to ride the area, so I hear...

• Member Contributer

Great report and pics, Seb! Tnx a lot!

Ukranian temple/mosque place near Jewett: - LOL

Archived