What A Day!

• Member Contributer

vfr-at-the-coast-in-Janurary.jpg

Where the sidewalk ends...

I couldn't believe the weather! What a treat to cruise up the coast highway in January. Traffic was light and the views were fantastic, these photos do not do this day justice.

In the driveway, that is actual sun... we don't usually see that this time of year.

113ride2.jpg

Pulled-off to get a view of the Heceta Head Lighthouse.

113ride4.jpg

113ride5.jpg

113ride11.jpg

113ride6.jpg

A perfect photo ruined by a jeep, he pulled in right as I shot it. +1.gif

113ride7.jpg

113ride10.jpg

Nice... I grew up on the Central Coast of CA and never realized what I had until I left. Now I have to ride 150+ miles just to get to decent roads. The selection of nice roads in Vegas is slim and that's being generous.

nice shot of the light house. i was in northern cal/oregon once in my life and it was quite a treat. beautiful area with nice twisty roads on the coast. enjoy!

• Member Contributer

Great lighthouse pics.............someday............... :goofy:

Very nice pix. Thanks for sharing them.

I got a nice little ride in on Saturday after I picked my bike up from the shop. Sunny, temps in the mid- to high 30s (F).Rode down into the Cuyahoga Valley (National Recreation Area) and around a few of the nice (but short) twisties in that area. Then ran an errand in Akron and then rode home. A little cold, but well worth it, since I hadn't ridden in almost a month!

I'll ride in cold temps when the roads are OK, but Spring cannot come soon enough this year!

Yeah, thanks for reminding me that it's 15 degrees here in Iowa and that the wind chill it's -1 and my 97 is tucked away for the winter. <_<

But like Skutter said......some day. Seriously, though thanks for the shots and ride update. Always nice to see the pics. I like the lighthouse one also.

Ride Safe!!

Thanks for the pix, BK.

I'm jealous of you west-side guys. Here it's bitter cold and packed snow still on the side streets. I could ride my scooter if I could travel the first hundred feet to a plowed road, but I've been shut down for over a month now. The VFR is taking one of its very few winter-long rests.

Looking forward to a little warm and dry. I survive by putting on a ridiculous amount of clothing and going for a walk every morning, no matter what.

• Member Contributer

Hmmm, did you run the "shadow/highlight" sliders on this as well? wink.gif

I couldn't help myself as that guardrail was totally ruining your shot. Here ya' go:

VFRcleanedup-1.jpg

• Member Contributer

Heh heh, just the way I like it. Not to hijack, because that's a gorgeous 4th gen against some gorgeous scenery, but you should get a Wacom tablet if you're really into PS. I have one and phew, mice are teh sux now...

Naw, I'm old skool. Burn and dodge.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
Heh heh, just the way I like it. Not to hijack, because that's a gorgeous 4th gen against some gorgeous scenery, but you should get a Wacom tablet if you're really into PS. I have one and phew, mice are teh sux now...
Naw, I'm old skool. Burn and dodge.......

I would have needed a backhoe to remove the guardrail.....

BK: Nice ride Nice pix & Nice Bus!

perfect............. VFR & a Westy....... :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Shots 3,4,5,6 are beautiful. I did like the photoshop as well. We see the sun here all year long. The problem with Colorado is the temps never match the sunshine in winter time. We're one of those great places where you can get a sun burn and hypothermia at the same time. Come on March! That is when we can finally count on a few 70 degree days. My younger bro. lived in Hillsboro/Forest Grove for about 4 yrs and the moved to Ireland 5 yrs ago - same weather. I have driven the west coast from Whidbey Island, WA down through Astoria to Tillamook, OR. (unfortunately in a rented Cavalier) It seems like the entire coast line of Oregon is one state recreation site/park after another. Absolutely stunning views!

Archived