Dirty Garage, Dirty Bike

Veefer800Canuck

Finally got the bike assembled and rode it a bit last week.

Weather has been cruddy in April. Spring showed up back in March, when I was too damn busy to reassemble the bike and ride, so I waited for a few weeks and apparently spring was cancelled and replaced with......WINTER!!! AGAIN!!! +1.gif

Anyhow, I did manage to burn off about a half tank of fuel, so for no particular reason (other than promising pics once the bike was back together) here's a few lousy garage shots for you guys to heckle, didn't roll the bike outside because, you guessed it, it's snowing. :idea3:

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Bike looks good. It's easier to heckle the weather. :idea3:

Sounds like you need snow tires. +1.gif

• Member Contributer
Finally got the bike assembled and rode it a bit last week.

Weather has been cruddy in April. Spring showed up back in March, when I was too damn busy to reassemble the bike and ride, so I waited for a few weeks and apparently spring was cancelled and replaced with......WINTER!!! AGAIN!!! +1.gif

Anyhow, I did manage to burn off about a half tank of fuel, so for no particular reason (other than promising pics once the bike was back together) here's a few lousy garage shots for you guys to heckle, didn't roll the bike outside because, you guessed it, it's snowing. :idea3:

Bike looks good Rob! :thumbsup:

Looks like you really like them Frosted Flakes! :goofy:

I wasn't sure when you first posted pics of the parts, but now it's all together I like it - the black items on the back all tie in together nicely!

Try photoshopping the lower bellpan black (like the 4th Gen), it might work well...

• Member Contributer

You want heckle?

You got it.........

That -in fact any- tankbra looks crap, just as it does on cars.... :P

(now where is my flame suit.....)

I wasn't sure when you first posted pics of the parts, but now it's all together I like it - the black items on the back all tie in together nicely!

Try photoshopping the lower bellpan black (like the 4th Gen), it might work well...

Kinda like this?

blacklowerspaint.jpg

Kinda like this?

blacklowerspaint.jpg

OR LIKE THIS:

blackNACA.jpg

• Member Contributer

Definately cool. It draws your eye away from the mess in the footpeg area, and towards the swingarm/wheel/frame.

Kinda like this?

blacklowerspaint.jpg

Yup :thumbsup: I like it, it looks very slightly retro but again works to tie in all the black bits, and balances out the expanse of black on the tank bra/seat.

Black wheels would look good with this combo... (it never ends :unsure: )

Yup :thumbsup: I like it, it looks very slightly retro but again works to tie in all the black bits, and balances out the expanse of black on the tank bra/seat.

Black wheels would look good with this combo... (it never ends :unsure: )

Well, having the tank bag sitting on the bike doesn't exactly help the effect either.......... :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Try photoshopping the lower bellypan black (like the 4th Gen), it might work well...

Kinda like this?

blacklowerspaint.jpg

OK, I've decided to get the black paintwork done. :thumbsup:

One of the guys I work with does paint as a sideline, so he's going to do the work for me semi-cheap.

Actually, he's a licensed autobody mechanic turned electrician.

It's going to look just like this real-life example here:

38_31200771016pm.jpg

Are those fake bullet hole stickers at the bottom of your fairing?

Yea, they are. Hiding a small crack on each side from grounding out the fairings over a small dropoff leaving the sidewalk in my back yard. embarrassedqa7.png

Archived