Michelin Pilot Road 2ct Press Kit

Veefer800Canuck

Cool!!! I, unlike some others around here, love the Michelin Pilot Roads that are currently available for street tires...

I just bought a set of the Pilot Power 2CT's for the track bike... would be nice to have the Road 2ct's on the VFR too... eventually... after I burn up all these race take offs! :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Hey, I was just looking at that yesterday. Googling 'michelin pilot road2' yields alot of talk and magazine tests, but no availablility dates. I had a set of roads on my SV, and am really looking forward to trying these on the VFR... I'd put on a set of powers, but I usually commute on the bike as well, and I don't think I'd get my money's worth with them before they square off. Has anyone heard anything about release dates for the Pilot Road2s?

• Member Contributer

I did some searching and they are already available over seas but are not coming to us until September. bummer.

Theres a guy on OzVFR who has a rear pilot road 2ct on his Viffer, from Melbourne, has already done 1 track day with it too at PI, and says it is excellent...

• Member Contributer
shoot I am sold - I wanted a set for my trip to Laguna Seca, but September it is. Seems a bit late in the season to introduce a new tire?

I have a brand new OEM macadam blackbird tire (with a hole) in the garage.

Try a slambang Slammer patch job and wait till September????? :goofy:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Grant Massie

I have the Pilot Road 2CT on my Honda CBR600FW and now also on my Honda VFR800 VTEC.

They are truly unbelievable tyres! So much more feel and grip than the BT-020s that I had on the VFR before.

Go get some! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I just put some Bridgestone BT021's on my VFR. Same concept as the Pilot Road 2ct's. I don't generally like Bridgestones but these tires are, so far, like night and day compared to the Pilot Roads. GREAT turn in, grip, and longevity prolly won't be good for me as I tend to burn up anything that goes on my bikes fast. I look forward to trying out the PR2CT's after I burn up these tires.

I swear, when it comes to tires, we're like women and new clothes..... :blink:

That was a compliment gals, :thumbsup: shew, glad I didn't forget that!

Archived