Lefthand Canyon Ride

• Forum CEO

gallery_491_2469_67444.jpg

video preview

My buddy Dan and I took off from Colorado Springs to ride the front range last August and ended up on a popular road called Lefthand Canyon Drive - neither of us have ever been on. I liked the squiggly lines the map was showing so we thought why not, already have ridden lookout mountain, Golden Gate Canyon, and Boulder Canyon where we stopped for lunch at the Pearl Steet Mall, it was a short hop over to Lefthand Canyon. Dan says he wanted to be the camera guy this time so thats me in the video this time around, dragging my rear brake all over the place - a habit I cant seem to shake though I dont seem to actually use it much just tapping on it a smidge out of instinct.

:unsure:

Lefthand Canyon Video

Runs for 10 minutes, 74mb wmv file 1mb/s sample - Tori Amos is music. Enjoy

THE MAP

gallery_491_2469_24901.jpg

The Terrain

gallery_491_2469_66148.jpg

We also did some riding up near Denver at Lookout Mountain stopping a bit to get some shots from the picnic area up there at the top.

gallery_491_2469_130866.jpg

Lookout Mountain switchbacks looking north west

gallery_491_2469_6127.jpg

Google Map

• Member Contributer

Not used to seeing you on video and I couldn't help but laugh every time I saw your brake light!

His light's on but he's still accelerating?

What's the best time of year to tour Colorado? I might have to schedule a trip sometime soon.

• Forum CEO
What's the best time of year to tour Colorado? I might have to schedule a trip sometime soon.

Hmm, lets see Mid June - Mid October, When the aspens are changing is the sweetest time, but its a quick transition and difficult to judge, the weather can get cold without warning. The Western Slope is best in July, but hot as Texas in the Delta area. Must rides include for every Texan Slumgullion pass, Texans are like Salmon they always want to see the source of the Rio Grande (Creede, Lake City) I see more Texas Plates on Slumgullion Pass than anywhere! Must do 550 Durango The Silverthread loop, Silverton, Ouray, Must do hwy 92 Black Canyon, Must do Independance Pass, Must go North to Rocky Mountain National Park (Berthod Pass, Winter Park, Granby, RMNP (trail ridge road highest continuous paved road in USA) and Back on the Peak to Peak highway 119. Must Ride the ski corridor I-70 and the passes around there, Loveland, must ride to the top of Mt Evans (highest paved road in North America) There are lots of great rides in Colorado but do those those are the essence of Colorado.

• Member Contributer

Sounds like we might have to do the Texas VFRd meet in Colorado next year. :fing02:

How's the butterfly action up there.I can't ride for more than 5 minutes at a time ,so the butterflies were just an excuse. :warranty:

Not used to seeing you on video and I couldn't help but laugh every time I saw your brake light!

His light's on but he's still accelerating?

No man... It's just that they loaded the film reel BACKWARDS into the Super 8 projector... :warranty: :wacko: :wacko:

I like how you guys sound like you're trying to disguise your voices when you talk :fing02:

Careful, BIG BROTHER IS LISTENING/WATCHING!!! The Cybercops are looking for ya :laugh:

Cheers and beers :fing02: :wacko:

• Member Contributer

That was great!!!

Thanks for showing it!!!

Alan

• Member Contributer

Really nice video. I thought in the first part of the vid, those are some sweepers that could really be taken fast but then later on, it appears the pace picked up.

Another great video :fing02: thanks for sharing.

<--- Very jealous of the roads you guys have out west. Even if we had long twisties like that where I live they'd be filled with potholes, bad patches and idiots driving 5 mph under the limit!

...dragging my rear brake all over the place - a habit I cant seem to shake though I dont seem to actually use it much just tapping on it a smidge out of instinct.

Looked like some good trail braking technique to me. :fing02: Although, I would tend to use the front brake more than the rear.

Archived