• M2R
    • SCORPION
    • SHARK
    • SHOEI
    • SIMPSON
    • SUOMY
    • ZAMP
    • Z1R

smile.gif Currently Shoei is in the lead with 40 votes, Arai in second with 31 votes, and HJC in third with 12 votes. Scorpion is a close 4th with 10 votes :lurk:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Make your choice and then tell me why you chose that brand? If you have a custom paint I would like to see the paint and know who did it. Thanks

Aria Quantum II

Started with Shoei (don't remember which model), but the Quantum fit my noggin better and was lighter.

After a T-bone with an SUV last year, the other driver's insurance provided me with a Quantum II.

They've all been white.

• Member Contributer

i have a fulmer right now.... it's noisy and doesn't fit all that great, but it was cheap. i think i'lll get a hjc next time.

does anybody know if any helmet manufacturer makes a "transitions" (sun activated tint) helmet shield?

• Member Contributer

Arai Quantum - 3rd one! Great fit, lightweight, quiet, Wore Shoei's for years until I tried my first Quantum - what a difference! :goofy:

It seems that my current AGV (X-Vent) is better than my previous AGV (Vento) for low-speed, head-first head-butting of the road. I had mild concussion after landing on my head last time, but felt nothing this time after face-planting on the footpath (sidewalk).

Right now I have a KBC VR-1, which has been a good helmet. Now that it's about 4yrs old I'm looking to upgrade. After trying on everything I could get my hands on I am saving up for a Shark RSX or RSR 2, depending on which I can find the best deal on.

Action

• Member Contributer

Vemar VSR.

Better technology for a third the price. It seems to have short sides so I think its noisier than others I've tried but I always use earplugs anyway so I'm not sure. I was worried about the build quality because of the low price but it turned out to have higher quaulity than much more expensive brands, IMHO. Very stable at high speed. and the VSR Chrome looks awesome. that will be my next helmet. Also I think I need a medium instead of a large because of the longish shape of my head.

several websites having a sale on VSRs

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categ...HELMETS%3AVemar

My all time favorite helmet is the one I wore in combat, Loved it so much I used to sleep in it, HAHA!!!!

OD GREEN KEVLAR,US ARMY AIRBORNE TYPE, HOORAGHHH!!!!!

Oh yeah, Ireally liked my Bell prostar back in the day.

• Member Contributer

LONG time Shoei wearer. I recently switched to ICON, but it wasn't available as a choice in the poll. They both fit my egg best, but the recent switch to ICON was made because it ventilated better and was a bit less expensive than the Shoei's. It's an ICON Domain, yes, with a cool spoiler for that little extra added down-force. Nothing at all against the Shoei's or any other helmet. I believe you should purchase the best level of protection you can afford and make sure it fits you properly. Don't but it solely on name brand alone.

My vote for favorite helmet goes to my recently aquired Buco RSG 9000M Carbon/Titanium weave shell, with special holographic, color shifting, fractal graphics, 2006 limited edition helmet. Great visibility and soooo comfortably light and airy.........like it's not even on my head when I wear it! FANTASTIC!

Beck

95 VFR

My vote for favorite helmet goes to my recently aquired Buco RSG 9000M Carbon/Titanium weave shell, with special holographic, color shifting, fractal graphics, 2006 limited edition helmet. Great visibility and soooo comfortably light and airy.........like it's not even on my head when I wear it! FANTASTIC!

Beck

95 VFR

:blink: :o :goofy:

Worthless without a picture. :goofy:

ARAI Astral-X. In a word, comfort. Not a really popular Arai, but by far the most comfortable lid I have ever had. I have a Scorpion too... that never gets worn now that I have the Astral

• Member Contributer

I had a Scorpion EXO400 till my accident last month. It protected my head so well i just went out and bought an EXO700. I love the fit and to me it is very quiet. Just my .02

Shoei TZ-R

I bought the helmet when I picked up my bike. I had been out of motorcycling for over 10 years and I could not believe how much it cost. I negotiated for a gear allowance and got them to knock 75 dollars off the price and I still thought they were sticking it to me. Now I know it wasn't a bad price and it is an excellent helmet.

Cheers,

Dennis

• Member Contributer

Re: Daniel Paul

Let me know if you try that out. It looks like it doesn't get a whole lot darker, and the only user review of it agreed, said it only got about 10$ darker than clear and took a long time to do so and was a waste of money. it sure would be nice not having to carry a clear and dark tinted.

• Member Contributer
does anybody know if any helmet manufacturer makes a "transitions" (sun activated tint) helmet shield?

cornercarver bought a Fog City Hyper Optiks insert a couple of months ago. It does the magical tint thing, plus it's supposed to be anti-fog.

Main site: http://www.modernworld.com/

You can find it at many aftermarket retailers as well.

cornercarver bought a Fog City Hyper Optiks insert a couple of months ago. It does the magical tint thing, plus it's supposed to be anti-fog.

Main site: http://www.modernworld.com/

You can find it at many aftermarket retailers as well.

Thanks for posting up the link. That looks like a good Xmas present for my son. :D

Archived