Interceptor badges

Squidbilly

Evenin' champs!

I've just bought an 800F and was looking to change the badges form 'VFR' to 'Interceptor'. I know it's a bit of a show-pony thing to do but well, I think it's cool.

Does anyone know if they're available in the UK?

Thanks,

Billy

• Member Contributer

OEM Honda parts are available everywhere, if you know the part number... The regular dealer network might only be "plugged in" to the local distributor, but secondary market OEM parts dealers like CMS in NL can often obtain parts directly from Japan or from the US distribution network.  And some US dealer also ship internationally.  

Finding part numbers is a matter of finding the correct part catalogue/microfiche for the model you're looking to buy parts for.  So for US-market parts, find the online parts catalogue at a US Honda dealer.  Should be on the fairings page.  Then pop the part number into the online catalogues for CMS, bike-parts.fr and maybe David Silver Spares (are they still around?)

Ciao,

JZH

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
On 10/13/2023 at 11:12 AM, Squidbilly said:

looking to change the badges form 'VFR' to 'Interceptor'

To add to JZH's comments, if you mean the Interceptor script on the sides of the upper cowl this could be the part you seek:

EMBLEM (TYPE1) (INTERCEPTOR) 86641-MJM-A00ZA

happy hunting 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

The alternative is find a clear picture & have it printed/cut in Vinyl & lacquer it in as per standard stickers. I did that for the RC45 Force-V4 ones on mine 👍

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, Dangeruss said:

I ordered this from Honda last year, still available; https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2008/vfr800-a-interceptor/mark-06-08

Silver letters with a black outline and dark gray shadow. Overall length 230mm.

#5?

DECAL

77214-MCW-K60ZA

by Honda

Currently Unavailable.

• Member Contributer

MARK, RR. COWL SIDE (TYPE2)

$30.54

This part number shows available in the system.    But it's for the R/W/B Anniversary colors.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Captain 80s said:

#5?

DECAL

77214-MCW-K60ZA

That is for the Interceptor decal for the 2002-2009, but Squidbilly's VFR appears to be a '14+ 8th gen.

• Member Contributer

I understood that he wanted a decal that said 'Interceptor', not one that was 'factory correct'. The one I posted is from a 6th gen but is going on an RC51 tail on a 5th gen VFR. The glue doesn't care 😉.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I thought that squidbilly was chasing the raised “Interceptor” badges from the US 800F model, to replace the front “VFR” badges on the UK or Oz versions. Not decals. I have done it, just to personalise my bike, and got the new badges from a US supplier, via fleabay!

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
On 10/16/2023 at 5:02 PM, Lorne said:

That is for the Interceptor decal for the 2002-2009, but Squidbilly's VFR appears to be a '14+ 8th gen.

You are correct, he does say 'badges', not decals. The Canadian bikes had the raised VFR as well, 'Interceptor' is shown in the parts catalogue, but no part number given. Probably US market, so as suggested, US online retailers would be the way.

And the number that I posted for 6th gen decal is indeed discontinued since I bought them last year.

• Like 1

Ola Champs!

Thanks for all the replies. I'm such a nugget, I never even considered they'd be listed as a 'part' although it's obvious when I think about it, I thought I'd have to look at aftermarket. Really appreciate you chaps for digging out the part no. for me, I'll call the local dealership in a bit and see what they can do, I'm sure they won't try to pull my pants down on the price if they need to come over from the US!

Just for clarity by the way, it's the embossed ones I'm after as the US ones had instead of 'VFR', but thank you for looking anyway.

This seems to be what I'm after, when I google '86641-MJM-A00ZA' it brings up a couple of image results from old Yahoo Japan sites with the correct badge.

I'll let you know how I get on.

On 10/15/2023 at 9:14 PM, Lorne said:

To add to JZH's comments, if you mean the Interceptor script on the sides of the upper cowl this could be the part you seek:

EMBLEM (TYPE1) (INTERCEPTOR) 86641-MJM-A00ZA

happy hunting 

• 1 month later...