2022 VFRD Spring Memorial Ride 5/19-5/22

5 hours ago, bmart said:

Thanks for the videos! So many great roads "nearby" to Charlotte. Is that what a typical ride looks like? We pretty rode alone every day. No one wanted to ride with us!¬†ūüėĘ

You were gone before I even got a chance to talk to you guys. A lot of us only see each other at these events so there is a lot of chatter. I didn't do as good of a job including the newcomers as I should have. If the crowd is this big next year, we may have to make more groups. We kind of quit organizing anything a few years back because everybody sort of had a group. Join us in Little Switzerland for the FallRide. I'll make it a point to get to know you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 3:27 PM, Sweeper said:

You were gone before I even got a chance to talk to you guys. A lot of us only see each other at these events so there is a lot of chatter. I didn't do as good of a job including the newcomers as I should have. If the crowd is this big next year, we may have to make more groups. We kind of quit organizing anything a few years back because everybody sort of had a group. Join us in Little Switzerland for the FallRide. I'll make it a point to get to know you.

LOL, careful what you wish for Bsmart, not all us are house broken, or safe for mixed company.  Well, speaking for myself at least.

The Fall Ride is at an exceptionally good socializing location.  If you happen to show up, you will be roundly welcomed, probably.  (bring booze, I've found they like that) 

• Member Contributer

Thank you! Sadly, I'm a strong opponent of drinking and motorcycling. I get that folks like to enjoy it at an event like this, but I feel the same about track days. Seems like an unnecessary risk to add to people you care about... Sorry!

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

The riding PRECEDES the drinking.....

Fair enough,

some of us appear drunk while stone cold sober......  :laugh:

agv.thumb.jpg.81f6d250aa7531fb7ceca2c3d87203cf.jpg

• Haha 3