Ducati Supersport

• Member Contributer

As crazy as it to us VFRphiles, I know a significant number of Ducatistis who salivate over anything new from Ducati.  In this ONE case, I can see the appeal.  Ducati has built a SPORT-tourer!  Please note the touring pack option.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-ducati-supersport-is-sportbike-for-you-everyday-riders

• Member Contributer

2K more than a VFR800, but lots of top shelf parts making it 67lbs lighter. It's better looking than the VFR, but maybe not as comfy - looking forward to the comparison articles/videos.

• Member Contributer
As I said in the other thread, I was ready to put a deposit on the S model until I read "16 liter fuel tank." 4.2gal is a non-starter for me.

You're concerned about range I imagine. If the bike can deliver, say, 45 mpg, is that enough range for your use?

My guess is the bike will get about 38-40 mpg based on past reviews of the 899 Panigale.  Maybe Ducati would have tuned this 937cc Vtwin to be more efficient.  We won't know until a road test.  If that's the case then 140-150 until reserve on a 4.2 gallon tank, assuming 0.7 gallon reserve, would be my guess. 

They have never used this engine in a Monster or a Panigale but the Hypermotard that dose have it gets around 45 mpg.

113 ponies with 80% of that great torque at 3000 rpm sound like a recipe for smiles. 

Dyno of the Hypermotard.

2016-ducati-hypermotard-939-dyno-chart.j 

• Member Contributer

The Hypermotard dyno graph reminds me of the Honda 919

dyno-2002-hon-919.gif?itok=T6aVf_FO

No doubt that would be a lot of fun. I wonder if the Supersport will be re-tuned in any way.

15 hours ago, Dustin said:

You're concerned about range I imagine. If the bike can deliver, say, 45 mpg, is that enough range for your use?

Nope. One of the reasons I dumped the 7th gen was that I was always, always thinking about fuel. Don't want to do that again.

Will wait for some real-world figures on the SS before closing the door, but my figures usually seem to be lower than average. Wonder why...:wheel:

Archived