Calling Dimitri - Thread Un-Jack.

Captain 80s

• Member Contributer

I know... I can't stop thinking about that damn CBR. Wife says, "you should be the one with that bike."

Fuck.

Never having ridden one (have not found a fool that will trust me with their baby) all I know they are sublime handling machines, small, light, well suited for short people like me, and redline so high that centrifugal force will create black holes in the center of the crank shaft ;)

Never sold in US so any I have seen were static displays, one one beat to death e-bay score, another trailer queen...

How much?

• Member Contributer

I have ridden it. Directly connected to your brain, just like the VFR400s I have ridden. Yes, astronomical red line.

This is not it, but it is this version. It is nearly perfect. He just says, "make an offer". God I hate that. Think I could get it in the 4s somewhere.

Oh, and properly titled. WA state with matching VIN.

post-6115-0-08212100-1459705698.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have some Japanese bike magazines from the 90's. The classifieds in the back(the front?) are full of those and the 400RR's. So damn cool. I love that the Japanese guys can get some cool bikes in the lower licensing groups,

"Dad, can I get a small 250cc bike to commute to school?"

"Sure son, shouldn't get into much trouble with that?"

They were learner bikes out here. I have been accross the harbour bridge two up on the back of a mates at 2am at about 150ks an hour in my early teens.

Owned one myself. They are hilarious, sounds like you are going fast at 10ks an hour. As an experienced rider, I'd prefer a 400 as a small bike.

• Member Contributer

I would rather have a VFR400. I have ridden 2 and they are amazing. Had an opportunity to buy one of them back in the mid 90s off of a Japanese exchange student that brought it with him. It was just too beat down for the money. Looking back, idk. There are these bikes that you think you'll have another shot at. Had ample opportunities for a CBX, and pretty nice ones. Now they are money.

Don't think I'll be able to pull this one off, but goddamn it's cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a shot at a Replica 400 a few years back.
Dang thing, thought I'd break it when I sat on it. In truth, it probably would have killed me!
I justified the no sale as it "needed work" on top of the purchase price, and left only with pics.

I have regrets... :ph34r:

post-13109-0-13863000-1460520541.jpg

post-13109-0-98437300-1460520575.jpg

post-13109-0-75670600-1460520629.jpg

• Member Contributer

There was one on CL here a few weeks back (VFR400) but it too needed a complete rework. everything was there, but $4K+ for a 20 year old bike that was not made here, had me a bit worried so I passed. Someone snatched it up as it was only on there for a few days.............

Archived