Pipe Question

F6bguy

• Member Contributer

Looks like a Two Brothers high pipe and they look fabulous on a 2000 VFR800.

The yellow in the TBR logo really looks great with the Y2K US color. Looks like it's missing the TBR logo plate though.

• Member Contributer

The logo is there but faded.....I wonder if they are still available?

In the accessories section at there web site they have new labels BUT you have to buy a $100 kit that does not fit your exhaust but you mite call them and see if you can get the labels only.

I have this pipe i may not use....whats it worth?

Appears to be fifth gen low mount, right? Polished aluminum finish? I'm looking for something like that, but I'm not a good point of reference for value because I think everything should be super cheap to me... :)

I have this pipe i may not use....whats it worth?

A buddy of mine just bought a brand new one in the box like that for a ZX-10 not to long ago for $225 including shipping. Two Brothers are decent, but not real expensive. Maybe $100-150 for a used one?

The high mount you got for $150 was a good deal. The carbon fiber ones are usually more than polished.

I was thinking 250....100-150?surely you are kidding?

You got a high mount carbon fiber can for $150 and you think your low mount polished aluminum is worth $100 more? I wasn't kidding and I gave an explanation for the price I gave you (brand new one just bought for $225). Although it was for a different bike, the cans are all the same. It is just the connector pipe that differs.

I just looked on ePay and there is a TB aluminum can for a VFR1200 for $200 or best offer including shipping. If I am off on the value, I wouldn't say I am off by much.

Good luck with the sale.

another question....when I use this pipe can I eliminate my passenger footpeg brackets....never use my vfr for passengers because of my f6b

The new high mount? Yes, a lot of people pull the rear passenger pegs when running a high mount. The only thing you will have to figure out is the left side. Your seat release (key) is part of the left passenger peg. If you never plan to use the peg again, it can be cut off. b976a7fc43367a96ddddd441027e55b9.jpg

I've got a scorpion can that i don't need anymore. It's currently black (rattle can) but was originally polished.

It'd be posted from Aus, but our postage is cheap compared to US postage. I could probably include post for $150US.

post-28591-0-99238500-1453876517.jpg

post-28591-0-23207300-1453876539.jpg

• Member Contributer

another question....when I use this pipe can I eliminate my passenger footpeg brackets....never use my vfr for passengers because of my f6b

The new high mount? Yes, a lot of people pull the rear passenger pegs when running a high mount. The only thing you will have to figure out is the left side. Your seat release (key) is part of the left passenger peg. If you never plan to use the peg again, it can be cut off.

If you are solo only, you could switch to one of the two piece sargent seat and leave the back half off. This gives you more storage space under the rear cover and you will have no need for the seat release. I've just removed my left foot peg mount, lock assembly, and cable completely.

Don't forget about the Sargent quick release pins too.......or make something similar yourself. Makes it much easier to get the seat cowl off, although less secure too (against theft).

Archived