Custom Dial Plates?

• Member Contributer

Ahoy all.

Looking to at least get a black rev dial face plate. Sure i saw a topic but can't seem to find it.

Would also like a replacement speedo gauge (MPH + KPH).

Any help appreciated.

Doesn't your white tachometer back plate change color from white to black at night?

Ahoy all.

Looking to at least get a black rev dial face plate. Sure i saw a topic but can't seem to find it.

Any help appreciated.

Doesn't your white tachometer back plate change color from white to black at night?

No, but the backlight does shine through in green, which is shit in anything less than total darkness and makes it hard to read. Given that most of my riding in around the city, it's less than ideal

• Member Contributer

Ahoy all.

Any help appreciated.

No, but the backlight does shine through in green, which is shit in anything less than total darkness and makes it hard to read. Given that most of my riding in around the city, it's less than ideal

My Y2K has a coating from the factory that turns black in low light... yours might do the same but the ambient light in the city is still reflecting white so you don't get the changeover.. or it might not.

• Member Contributer

You may be thinking of this thread - on a 5th gen. It looked great - at first, but an early attempt didn't end well. Quality can be suspect depending on the vendor. I really loved how he integrated a volt meter in with it - brilliant! He posts a link to a seller that he ultimately used that seemed to work out better.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/77257-instrument-faceplate-change/

Looks about right. Thanks!

Downside: It's the retailer i was looking at already: http://venoxy.com/index.php?id_product=21&controller=product&id_lang=1&search_query=vfr&results=5
At the very least i could use the rev gauge, but i'd need a speedo with MPH and KPH showing to be road legal in the UK. But that's secondary. as it's mostly the rev counter i want to change to black.

• Member Contributer

At the very least i could use the rev gauge, but i'd need a speedo with MPH and KPH showing to be road legal in the UK. But that's secondary. as it's mostly the rev counter i want to change to black.

Technically, that's true, but the speedometer is not checked during the MOT, and it would be a very "special" police officer who would issue you with a ticket (non-endorseable, btw) for not having KM/H numbers on a bike being ridden in mainland UK! It's always a risk, but a small risk, IMHO...

Ciao,

Downside: It's the retailer i was looking at already: http://venoxy.com/index.php?id_product=21&controller=product&id_lang=1&search_query=vfr&results=5

I ordered custom gauge faces from Venoxy with mph instead of kph. Just shoot him an email from his website. He is in poland, but it was only about $35 with the exchange rate.

20151222_011144.jpg

• Member Contributer

Those are the same gauges I purchased. Be warned that the hole the needle stop pins go through (at 0) are oversized. You will have to be a little creative with epoxy or superglue to get the pin right.

• Member Contributer

I ordered custom gauge faces from Venoxy with mph instead of kph. Just shoot him an email from his website. He is in poland, but it was only about $35 with the exchange rate.

20151222_011144.jpg

I'd love these with VFRD printed on them.

I'll be going for something like this:

Red speed line after 70mph to keep me honest, and less text overall. Will be tweaking the design some more, mostly to get rid of the little black notches in the outer white ring and maybe change the font.

Dibx417.jpg

• Member Contributer

More like this:

I placed a ring around the rev counter to remind me to keep it within 3-5k revs and efficient as i get just over 100miles to the tank around the city.

That makes sense in theory... but I rev the cr@p out of my bike and I don't think I've ever seen less than 120 miles to a tank.

Archived