Black Widow Rear Wheel Stand

• Member Contributer

Has anyone used the Black Widow single side left-side swingers stand? I think the axle hole size on my '93 VFR750F is 31mm. The seller, Discount Ramps via Amazon, has this size pin available. What other options should I consider?

Thanks,

• Member Contributer

I THOUGHT it was the 28mm pin? and for better than half the price of the Pitbull stand, it looks like a nice option.

• Member Contributer

I have the PSR rear stand. It works fine for me. It leans a little bit, but I think I heard that from pitbull owners as well. Just part of having an SSSA.

• Member Contributer

I have a black widow. The pin on this stand is at angle. I guess for bikes without a center stand but that means the bike sits at an angle when you raise it with the stand.

Sent from somewhere in middle Tennessee.

• Member Contributer

I THOUGHT it was the 28mm pin? and for better than half the price of the Pitbull stand, it looks like a nice option.

You thought right! I just measured mine, just to be sure.

Ciao,

So, I thought I might get one of these Black Widow stands from Discount Ramps on eBay. I asked them this question:

"Dear discountramps,

Hi,

A VFR forum contributer said this stand holds the bike up in a "leaned over" attitude as opposed to the proper vertical attitude. This is important in order to lift the rear of the bike while the front wheel is locked into a chock on a lift platform. So, the question is - vertical or leaned?

Thanks a lot,
Glenn"

And the answer is:

"I do no know what VFR means or stand for. When lifted the bike would be leaning

- discountramps"
We need an emoticon for scratching your while being perplexed. You would think that people who sell motorcycle ramps would have some clue about what a VFR is.
So, the least expensive option won't work for me. Unless I can shim the wheels on one side with a 1x4 board or something so it lifts without leaning. Can somebody who has one of these stands comment, please?
Cheers,
Glenn

• Member Contributer
Who are Black Widow Exhausts ?
Black Widow Exhausts is the new trade marked name for Sandy Bike Spares/ SBS exhausts.

That explains the leaning viffer thing...

Ciao,

Archived