New Vfr ( Well, New To Me Anyhow )

hoodoshnik

Hey folks,

I 've wanted a VFR since the 90's when I first saw one. Had a bunch of bikes since then, but finally, last month - I brought this one home...

2007 RWB with 13k on the clock. Came with the hard bags, but they are off now. Today it finally got above 20 here in Maine so I shoveled out the shelterking and started her up. What a nice sound ! Man, I cant wait for some of this snow to melt!

Thanks for the site - Ive learned a lot. been reading here a little every day and I look forward to talking with you guys.

Colin

post-32257-0-12562400-1425763968.jpg

post-32257-0-86499200-1425764045.jpg

Hey Switchblade,

Thanks!

Shelter King makes these hoop frame instant sheds. They are only 500$ and if you get the half-round style like this, they are very, very strong and wind/snow proof. Mine had almost 3 feet of snow on it last month and its 7 years old... the gable style ones with the vertical side walls dont hold up nearly as well.

only downside is that they tend to trap moisture, and during the winter you will get a lot of frost on stuff stored inside, as the sun heats them up and the humid air hits the still cold metal. So, they definitely arent as good for storing vehicles or tools as a garage...

• Member Contributer

Hey Switchblade,

Thanks!

Shelter King makes these hoop frame instant sheds. They are only 500$ and if you get the half-round style like this, they are very, very strong and wind/snow proof. Mine had almost 3 feet of snow on it last month and its 7 years old... the gable style ones with the vertical side walls dont hold up nearly as well.

only downside is that they tend to trap moisture, and during the winter you will get a lot of frost on stuff stored inside, as the sun heats them up and the humid air hits the still cold metal. So, they definitely arent as good for storing vehicles or tools as a garage...

The good thing here is I dont have to worry about the snow so much . I like the price .

• Member Contributer

Nice bike and setup you got there. Welcome Aboard!

The RWB color scheme is my favorite. Welcome Hoodoshnik.

The Shelter King seems to be upstaging the bike.

Got me thinking where could I put one? :happy:

• Member Contributer

I really love the RWB. I was looking for one but just could get the last few bucks I needed. Very sweet ride. Spring is coming!

Archived