New Vfr Pilot In Virginia

Ninja11

Traded in my 2009 FJR for the 2014 VFR Deluxe. This machine is a pleasure to ride smooth, planted and comfy. Attached are pictures of the beast without bags and with. Also I included its garage mate for grins. Just out for a spin today as weather is hitting 70F, but two days from now, snow is being called for. The forum threads are very informative and will have some questions soon.

post-31723-0-32484300-1416862783.jpg

post-31723-0-57916300-1416862785.jpg

post-31723-0-28657400-1416862787.jpg

• Member Contributer

Does the Garage mate get to Summit Point ever? Welcome from Haymarket (Bull run Mountain specifically)...

Matt

Matt, Never been to Summit Point. However, had one track day in CA when visiting 2 yrs ago. Thanks for the welcome and the zx10 is fun like candy. Alittle bit goes along way. :)

• Member Contributer

Trackdays are kind of like crack...cheap and addictive at first...untill you decide you need more and more and more...you get the idea.

Congrats on your new VFR and welcome to the forum! :smile: Nice stable, too!

I'd love to hear why you decided to go from the FJR to the new VFR, if you don't mind posting the reason(s) sometime.

Tim,

Thanks for the welcome. A few of the reasons for changing from the FJR to the Honda:

Less weight--(a lot)

Most of my riding is in not on the superslab and the FJR for a sports tourer is acceptable in the twisties, but you are working hard to control the beast.

Bike was getting close to some major service work so it seemed time to move on.

2014 VFR Deluxe had needed features..ABS/Traction control, heated grips..etc

No sixth gear on FJR making it hard to keep power in band on twisty roads.

Good reasons to keep:

Shaft drive

150 HP

Great on highway for long trips

Lots of room in the hard cases

Adjustable windshield

-greg

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. Your VFR is a beaut. You're pretty close to Franklin, NC. How about showing us your machine at Texas Mac next May?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived