3300 For A 6Th Gen 13Xxx, Whats Wrong Here?

nardenodo

http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/4683133179.html

What are some common issues I should look for when I go to check this out? Is it worth the 3300 he already agreed to or should I push harder? What can I expect to repalce or want to upgrade after having this for a year or so.

My unique situation is that I can't do much work on my own, due to living situation and lack of resources (recently moved). I used to own a 4th Generation Viffer and I would really like some insight on whether this is a good switch or not. The nimbleness and agility of the 4th gen. is what kept me going but I want to be sure this will do similar things for me.

Thanks everyone this forum kicks the ass of every other forum out there.

josh

• Member Contributer

Does it have a clear title? Most sellers with bikes that have NOT been involved in major accidents usually state so in the advertisement so I'd be willing to bet that this bike has either had some serious repair work done to it in the past or it's a scam. Keep in mind that this is an Arizona bike and they basically ride year round since winters are very mild so the sale price will not be greatly influenced by the weather. I'd be wary of this one considering all the mods and low price. If this is not a scam or repaired bike it would be one great deal.

Rollin

If it really is $3300, it is a steal. Staintunes, luggage, helmets... it's a good price at the $3800 too. If the title is clear, grab it quick.

As for the common issues, R/R sucks. replace it with a MOSFET one immediately. mello dude on this forum sells an adapter plate for the R/R that works perfect to mount them the same way as the OEM.

Heat shield is missing from the down pipe, looks like there's a big dent in the tank right side where the fairing has pushed it in from a drop, look closely when you see the bike.

You should get the original seat and rear cowl.

Some wide strips on that rear, either rather new tires or an unaggressive rider.

• Member Contributer

From the photos this looks to be a great deal.

Whether the 6th gen is as nimble and agile as the 4th gen is a good question. It weighs maybe 50 lbs. more but mine doesn't feel heavy to me. You'll like the fuel injection!

You should ask & check to see if the harness recall was done. It's something that should be done but probably it was all ready taken care of.

• Member Contributer

IDK but some reviews say the 5 gens handle better than 4th gens. IMO that is not a low price. Bought my 2000 model with 41k miles, tank bag, tail bag, saddle bags, bar risers and Delkevic can for $2,500. (Asking $2,800) Maybe he was too eager to sell and I got lucky.

Jeffrey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived