Hello

vtwindr

first post. Based in UK. Awaiting delivery of a new Black VFR800f after a longish testride

swapping from a Versys 1000 and also have a lovely W650 which is a keeper

post-30757-0-35437600-1404160046.jpg going

post-30757-0-51818100-1404160066.jpg staying

post-30757-0-94466500-1404160089.jpg coming soon

• Member Contributer

Hi Windr,

Nice line-up! Welcome to the VF forum. Give us some pics and impressions when you get your new bike. Most of us have not had the opportunity to ride one yet. Looks like you get some good riding weather, for England anyway! I never got to ride there when I was in Europe, but I have owned two Nortons. Still have the '71 Commando.

Enjoy the new V4 when you get it!

Ded

I live north of Manchester on the edge of the West Penines so lots of good roads close by. This is my first VFR. Whilst the big KWak has a great engine and I suppose the VFR is a step down in that respect, the finish has been pretty grim (I do tend to ride all year, all weathers though). I also wanted a complete change, something that felt completely different and the VFR fit the bill. I also tried a new CBF650F which whilst being a nice enough bike was a bit, meh. The thing that impressed me most about the VFR was the handling compared with the big wallowy Versys. And the exhaust above 7000rpm sounds great! As the excess on the test ride was £2500 I didn't push it much but I was impressed enough to buy one. So I pick it up on July 10th. Only snag so far is I have just put my back out lifting a bicycle over a gate on the moors at the weekend so I hope I will be fit by then

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the North Sea

There is a whole spectrum of North/South insults in UK. My Scottish mates play the trump card but at least I don't have to live in London and as far as Yorkshire goes, who won the war anyway? I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it

There is a whole spectrum of North/South insults in UK.

I lose in any event as my mother is a Welsh coal miner's daughter.

BUT as an upside...we are from Aberdare, where this happens once a year:

only in Wales do they have Roadraces on a footpath.

didnt youall ever wonder why there is always a red dragon on ALL of my helmets?

10297826_10203718609145463_8133258638065

or that my vest says police in Welsh

DSCN0184.jpg

Either way, north, south or other (wales) I welcome you.

This is a good spot, you'll do well here.

• Member Contributer

WTH ?

Don't have to go far to get buried !!!

One can be buried right where the off-track excursion comes to rest. Hold the funeral right on the spot. Also, suicide by spectating.

I am within striking distance of N Wales and have had many a good ride there . Trouble is the local Heddlu are very keen on pulling bikers so you have to have fun within the limits. Have also had many a good weekend in South Wales as well but you're never far from a decent road in UK

Archived