Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8

dogman

Akropovic USA told me the day before I picked my 2014 up that the slip-ons are on order and expected within weeks. In the US there are no options from the dealer as an upgrade on a new cycle for aftermarket exhaust because of our emission laws (includes noise emissions). You can buy them after the fact but not as an option (except for Harley Davidson somehow).

In Europe I believe they were told the Akrapovic slip-ons will be available in July from the dealers.

I had to actually call Akropovic to get a part number and price at the time.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Akra on order but any 5th gen low mount will fit, there are some cheap Delkevics on ebay. The pipewerks that is on Youtube is actually a 5th gen model.

There is a 2bros also which looks nice too.

Its a pisser the Akra is taking so long, but I expect its a good product.....

Dam is working on makeing their can fit the 8th gen:

post-6187-0-35145200-1403588147.jpg

post-6187-0-81165000-1403588155.jpg

If anyone is interesed in purchasing one of these models, please send me a message!!! I'm trying to get some discount by a group purchase. I have opened a topic in the dutch forum as well!

grtz

• Member Contributer

Has anyone seen this before? It's intended for the crossrunner but I'm sure that's the same exhaust as the 8th gen. I came across this about a year ago while searching for an underbelly exhaust for a 5th gen. At the time the website listed it at around $1000.

http://www.hpcorse.com/EN/moto/84/crossrunner

(sorry,can't get the picture to load)

• Member Contributer

So that means the Micron high mount that I have on my 5th gen would fit. Nice!

Don't get too excited. High mount support brackets might not fit the 8G.

True, however it wouldn't be that hard to fab one up. Heck, you may beven be able to do it with off the shelf stuff at a hardware store. Probably have to notch the rear fairing though. I did on my 5th gen.

For sure or someone here will make a kit to do it !!

Well, I just took the plunge and ordered myself an Arrow pro-racing slip on.

No idea if the importer even have a stock in yet, but they should confirm my order and the delivery time tomorrow. Hopefully will have it by the weekend! :happy:

Will keep you guys posted on how it turns out.

That's the one I'd get. Remus and Staintunes are sweet sounding and look great on the Gen 6. The Arrow for the Gen 8 looks pretty good too, styled much like the Remus. I'd like to hear some audio.

Well, I just took the plunge and ordered myself an Arrow pro-racing slip on.

No idea if the importer even have a stock in yet, but they should confirm my order and the delivery time tomorrow. Hopefully will have it by the weekend! :happy:

Will keep you guys posted on how it turns out.

Yes I will be keen to hear how it is also.

Hopefully it (or any aftermarket pipe ) wont stuff up the fuelling too much.

• Member Contributer

someone needs to make a high mount that works with the luggage, or an underseat.

+1 gotta have it ...

+1 more

• Member Contributer

Much better :

Thor294. Remus dyno charts in the video show more than 96hp.

lol 104. the problem with this is, that you gotta have a reference point on the same dyno. Their dyno could be off. motorcyclist claims 96hp from the 800.

Again, it would be great if I find someone who buys a vfr800 from my local honda dealer, and have him dyno it after he breaks it in of course :P lol

Archived