ymue.jpg

4 miles of bridge across mouth of Columbia

xagf.jpg

Elk refuge

4ofw.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too funny. I rode past that elk refuge just two days after you did, on that epically nice Monday last week. It was the first time I had ridden 202.

It was a nice road except for the fully loaded logging truck, hanging 3 feet over the double yellow in a left hand corner. Those logging truck drivers are nuts on that road. Maybe it's the lack of cops, but I saw more than one driving at a higher speed than I would have expected.

Oh yeah, and one of those bumps caused my tank and nuts to get rather friendly rather quickly. Had to stop at the elk refuge just to recover.

Small mishaps aside, it was a great ride. I'd be down to do it again for sure.

• Member Contributer

Ferries are always good fun. NL being one large river delta, we have plenty...

post-8974-0-80503300-1398624159.jpg

Too funny. I rode past that elk refuge just two days after you did, on that epically nice Monday last week. It was the first time I had ridden 202.

It was a nice road except for the fully loaded logging truck, hanging 3 feet over the double yellow in a left hand corner. Those logging truck drivers are nuts on that road. Maybe it's the lack of cops, but I saw more than one driving at a higher speed than I would have expected.

Oh yeah, and one of those bumps caused my tank and nuts to get rather friendly rather quickly. Had to stop at the elk refuge just to recover.

Small mishaps aside, it was a great ride. I'd be down to do it again for sure.

Ha that bumpy sumbitch racked my jewels, too! Nice route while waiting for the snow to come off Windy Ridge though.

Ferries are always good fun. NL being one large river delta, we have plenty...

attachicon.gifIMAG2867.jpg

i had never taken the bike on a ferry before, glad the capt warned me to hang onto it while approaching the dock, it wouldn't have stayed up through the touchdown

Love your photos!

Are you 1arm from STn? If not, you have a twin brother out there.

One and the same MM, dont hang as much at STN as I used to.

• Member Contributer

Wow!

Haha thanks Max, I want to slit my wrists from Nov-Feb in Oregon, but every spring gets my mind right :cool:

I understand the wrist-slitting completely. At least you have Feb ->. We had snow flakes in the air today. Raining all this week. Wondering if we are becoming PNWEast. :goofy:

Bakeoven road to Fossil

nqf5.jpg
yrjd.jpg
bivs.jpg
Psssst, PNWriders.com. Wasco Co. sheriff's office monitors you, and when you numbnut MFs brag about your top speed runs on Bakeoven, they feel compelled to bring law and order to their citizens. Thanks for bringing the attention to what used to be unpatrolled backroads, though!
exlz.jpg

That sucks man. If your interested there's a few of us running Wind River Road up to Swift Reservoir tomorrow. KSU 0915 at the Beaverton Starbucks by Freddies

That sucks man. If your interested there's a few of us running Wind River Road up to Swift Reservoir tomorrow. KSU 0915 at the Beaverton Starbucks by Freddi

Thanks for the invite, I was just in the garage getting stuff ready to mount new tires tomorrow. I'm down to the wear bars on front and back, but might squeeze one more ride out of them. Is that the Bux off Cornelius Pass? Tempting, but those treads make me nervous... haha if I decide to go I'll be there a little early :unsure:

Nope its the one over by Fred Meyers and 217 I'll probably be there around 815 or so nursing a half caf, no whip, extra sugar, quad shot mocha, latte frap-a-machiato

• Member Contributer

Bakeoven road to Fossil

Psssst, PNWriders.com. Wasco Co. sheriff's office monitors you, and when you numbnut MFs brag about your top speed runs on Bakeoven, they feel compelled to bring law and order to their citizens. Thanks for bringing the attention to what used to be unpatrolled backroads, though!
exlz.jpg

The run to Fossil on Bakeoven is an old standby. Thanks for the heads up about LEO's. I've wrung it out more than once on that road figuring there was little or no patrol on it. Now I know better.

Bakeoven road to Fossil

exlz.jpg

The run to Fossil on Bakeoven is an old standby. Thanks for the heads up about LEO's. I've wrung it out more than once on that road figuring there was little or no patrol on it. Now I know better.

Hope the warning saves somebody $160. Deputy says 70mph or less gets a pass, more gets you a ticket.

You missed a great ride. Did you get your new tires put on? This was our lunch stop.

Great view from McClellan viewpoint, good to know the snow is off. I got a new set of ContiMotions installed and a little ride in, love new rubber :happy:

• Member Contributer

Wow, great pics, VF!! Looks like a perfect ride. And you got to meet some new friends in a white truck! :blush:

Kevin

• 9 months later...

Technically might still be winter, but blue sky, blossoms, and warm days say otherwise. Nice weather timed with the arrival of my new GoPro means the first ride of the year :wheel:

Finding the time to edit videos aside, the GoPro appears to have a lot of fun potential :cool:

iEKiNd.jpg

F9Qv5L.jpg

KijpAI.jpg

• Member Contributer

Technically might still be winter, but blue sky, blossoms, and warm days say otherwise. Nice weather timed with the arrival of my new GoPro means the first ride of the year :wheel:

Finding the time to edit videos aside, the GoPro appears to have a lot of fun potential :cool:

Nice viewpoint, is that mounted on the passenger footpeg?

Archived