Spring Has Sprung In Pnw

VFROr

Lovely day to finally test winter mods (superbike bars, new fork oil, clutch/brake fluids, rebuilt seat...). Happily no mechanical malfunctions and comfort levels much improved. Ready for a nice road trip, much thanks to VFRD members for great tech ideas :beer:

Sun, surf, and curves...what more can you ask for?

xnk4.jpg

z20m.jpg

9d92.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So jealous my 03 is sitting in the garage in pieces waiting for parts... Im an unhappy camper right now...Great pics and a sweet looking RWB

Oh nos, nicest day of the year is rotten luck for down time, what work are you doing to the bike?

So jealous my 03 is sitting in the garage in pieces waiting for parts... Im an unhappy camper right now...Great pics and a sweet looking RWB

Oh nos, nicest day of the year is rotten luck for down time, what work are you doing to the bike?

R/R went out or so I thought.. New Mosfet installed and tests indicated that all 3 phases of the stator are now shorted to ground. Figure while I'm waiting for that to come in might as well be preemptive and replace the sprockets and chain, still waiting on tires to get here. Plugs, air filter and an oil change are in order.. luckily if the weatherman didnt lie its going to rain for 12days straight so I wont go completely insane.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Very nice pics. Somehow, your bike pops out in every pic there. Must be the RWB pattern. But those roads do look inviting and it makes me wanna ride. Still waiting on my clutch cover and time to spare on weekends to be able to go.

Keep the rubber side down!

C

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice pics. Somehow, your bike pops out in every pic there. Must be the RWB pattern. But those roads do look inviting and it makes me wanna ride. Still waiting on my clutch cover and time to spare on weekends to be able to go.

Keep the rubber side down!

C

thanks for the compliment, must agree the RWB is quite photogenic :cool:

We just spent 3 days in your beautiful state having our way with your roads. What a great place to ride. Went through The Dalles, Maupin, Shaniko, Antilope, Fossil, Mitchell, Spray, Condon. Miles and miles of remote fun twisty roads, great pavement, devoid of traffic and enforcement. And we had beautiful sunny weather. Thanks Oregon.

We just spent 3 days in your beautiful state having our way with your roads. What a great place to ride. Went through The Dalles, Maupin, Shaniko, Antilope, Fossil, Mitchell, Spray, Condon. Miles and miles of remote fun twisty roads, great pavement, devoid of traffic and enforcement. And we had beautiful sunny weather. Thanks Oregon.

those are definitely some of my favorites, too. Although I have managed to get a speeding ticket or two around Fossil. Awesome that you timed it during the spell of nice weather!

S

al7h.jpg

Only thing that would make that picture even better would be a silver 03 parked right next to it.

Is your bike just about in running order?

It is, Electrical issues have been sorted out. New PR4 on the rear Wed. New PR4 for the front didn't come in at the same time as the rear but that's a minor issue as the front still has lots of life left. UPS finally dug my chain and sprocket out of some snowbank in the midwest and it showed up yesterday, but that was a I'll need to replace it at some point this summer purchase rather than a must fix now issue. Rode to work the last couple days.

• Member Contributer

We certainly have some roads like you show in the pics near where I live in Kelowna BC, but sadly what we do lack is the proximity to the ocean. Soooooo jealous. Rode down the Washington and Oregon coast more years ago than I would like to admit and have not done it since. Seeing your pics gives me the urge to do it again very soon.

I spent a couple weeks exploring from a place called Ocean Shores (northern side of Greys Harbor) during the fall of 1998. The colors were amazing and the riding fantastic. Spent a couple nights at the Lake Quinault Lodge (I think that is what it was called anyway) and the ride to Ocean Shores the next morning was breath taking. The sun shone through the overhanging canopy of trees in pipes of light that gently lit the road and the way the beams of sunshine pierced through the fog and low mist covering the road as the sun warmed up the forest. A ride I will never forget. Damned if all the pictures though are on slides (geez, remember those)

Thanks very much for sharing. Brings back some memories.

• Member Contributer

Cant wait to hit some of those great road in the Summer for the PNW VFRD meet... So VFRor are you coming to tour us all around.

• Member Contributer

Cant wait to hit some of those great road in the Summer for the PNW VFRD meet... So VFRor are you coming to tour us all around.

Me too!

thanks for the comments and compliments :beer: Now that I've done the superbike bar upgrade, my VFR is far and away the most comfy, sporty, fun ride I've ever had. A little disappointed it sat for 2 yrs while I fiddle f*%#ed around dual sporting.

I have plans to tour ID, MT, and Wyo while the PNW meet is going on, it looks like a lot of fun and some great roads planned. I'd be happy to map the roads in the pics, though, if anybody wanted to know where exactly they are.

Archived