Vfr800Fi Parts That Will Fit 93 Vfr750

Hi all, I have a 93 VFR750 that I'm doing up, and also have a written off 00 VFR800FI with all good parts intact, and I wanted to use-

-tail

-subframe

-seat

-engine

-forks

-rear shock

-instrument cluster,

As all the existing listed parts on the 750 are rat besides the motor. Has this been done before? I've tried searching the forum and google with the most basic keywords with no results. Help appreciated :)

• Member Contributer

None of that will be a straight swap. The engine is out of the question. Completely different mountings with the swingarm.

I don't think there is much I would bother trying to swap. Unless you really wanted a 5th gen tail on the 93 VFR.

Maybe some pictures of what you are working with and a better idea of what you want to do would help.

• Member Contributer

+1. For what Sebspeed said, as after all, if anyone knows how to rebuild a bike Seb would be your man. You should see what he did with a CB900F. Amazing, I say, truly amazing.

• Member Contributer

Rear wheel.

End of thread.

LOL... even that's not a direct swap... ya got to make the relief cuts in the mating surface..

• Member Contributer

What, you have an 8 spoke 3rd gen wheel on your bike Marreidman. Horribly dangerous. I'll ship you my wheel free and you could ship me yours collect. I would HATE to see you crash due to the incompatibility of the two wheels. :) LOL

Apologies to the OP for the thread jack.

• Member Contributer

What, you have an 8 spoke 3rd gen wheel on your bike Marreidman. Horribly dangerous. I'll ship you my wheel free and you could ship me yours collect. I would HATE to see you crash due to the incompatibility of the two wheels. :) LOL

Apologies to the OP for the thread jack.

I do love the many variations of this joke. :happy:

• Member Contributer

Oh no! I have a 3G 8 spoke on my '99 with an SP1 front! What should I do?!?!

Oh LORD MAN. You mean,..............you're forks are upside down as well?? How in the world do you ride that thing. Tell ya what, just ship me the whole damned bike collect and I'll send you mine. Strictly for safety sake man. LOL. All you need is some bright headlights and you'll be set to go. LOL

Archived