How To Sure The 99 50Th Anniversary 99 Vfr 800?

Guest blackknight

Guest blackknight

Hello everyone, my VFR800 key have a very Special 50th anniversary logo ,buy i am not sure is the real true 50th ann 99 VFR 800, so have somebody tell me what a real 50th ann vfr800 ? thanks a lot

and my friend have a yellow vfr 800 99 ,is very strange, the engine, from forks, water tank ,rocker arm has a same code number ,this is my friend vfr vin number : JH2RC462XXXM1200171

post-27031-0-52231300-1381220149.jpgpost-27031-0-76379200-1381220189.jpgpost-27031-0-99774600-1381220199.jpg

From what I can find.. the 50th anniversary VFR800 is an FiX model (1999) completely standard with this fancy paint job:

vfr800anniv.jpg

There was a special RS Performance anniversary model which has the VIN FiW, only 50 were made and it comes with a red/white paint scheme and some fancy addons as shown here:

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showpost.php?p=285491&postcount=1

Yours here has the FiX VIN, so is mechanically standard, but also has a standard paint job.. So either someone replaced the fancy panels with yellow or it just has a fancy key

I haven't owned one myself so if I'm missing something hopefully someone else will chime in

• Member Contributer

RC462 indicates a Canadian-spec bike. I don't think there was an "Anni" version for Canada, but I don't know for sure about that.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

RC462 indicates a Canadian-spec bike. I don't think there was an "Anni" version for Canada, but I don't know for sure about that.

Ciao,

This makes sense as the label pictured above is in English and French (as mandated by Canada) and in the US they are in English only.

Regarding the dozens of stampings with the VIN, maybe someone who knows more will chime in later but, it looks to me like some sort of dealer provided theft protection like the glass etchings of the VIN on newer vehicles or dealer added services like "protect-o-plate".

Ciao,

Also under the VIN number it says meets Canadian specs.

Canadian-spec bike have some Special place? i think the best power is RC46A ->RC461->RC462>japan type(only 180KM meter tachometer 12000rpm ending )

The XM100292 number stamped into the subframe, wheels, swingarm and forks is probably some form of anti-theft deterrent, so if someone stole the bike and stripped it for parts, the parts are traceable with that number.

None of the Canadian 5th gens had that type of stamping from the factory.

And no, we did NOT get the 50th anniversary edition here.

We got red, yellow, blue, silver, black, green, and i think that's it.

So if your key says 50th anniversary, I think someone just cut that blank for your bike at some later time, it did not come with the bike from the factory.

The XM100292 number stamped into the subframe, wheels, swingarm and forks is probably some form of anti-theft deterrent, so if someone stole the bike and stripped it for parts, the parts are traceable with that number.

None of the Canadian 5th gens had that type of stamping from the factory.

And no, we did NOT get the 50th anniversary edition here.

We got red, yellow, blue, silver, black, green, and i think that's it.

So if your key says 50th anniversary, I think someone just cut that blank for your bike at some later time, it did not come with the bike from the factory.

Thanks !

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

What's the general opinion of the 5th gen anniversary model,just seen a very nice one for sale,not sure about the red/silver colour scheme,kind of looks like a crashed red bike,maybe when I see it in the flesh it will grow on me.

Are they likely to be worth more in years to come?

• Member Contributer

In my opinion, I don't think the 50th anniversary model will have any special value. As you say, the colour scheme is perhaps not one of Honda's best (I'm loving the 86 colour scheme on the 5th gen above though) and beyond that there's nothing special about bike compared to the regular 5th gen.

Archived