Arai Customer Service Is Ace!

Hvrnaut

Just wanted to shout out to everyone considering dropping big money on an Arai helmet. I purchased an Arai RX-Q about a year ago. Saved a bit off retail price, but it's still an expensive helmet. Liked the fit, etc., but was disappointed when "little" things started to pop up. Finally, the left "side pod" broke, and I was really questioning the quality of the helmet. I do treat my helmets with care, btw.

The Arai comes with a 5 year warranty, so I got online, and made a claim through customer service. The process was straightforward, and pretty simple, with super fast response on all communication.

What really put me squarely in the Arai satisfied-customer corner was how fast and efficiently Arai handled the repair. No cost to me (other than shipping back to the manufacturer) and they fixed the helmet to a like new condition. I'm extremely impressed and pleased.

I've a few Shoei's, but only one Arai. That's going to change down the road...

Great helmet, great company!

• Member Contributer

I've been wearing Aria's for nearly 20 years. Love 'em. I've had the same customer service experience as well.

I have 3 Arai helmets and have had to replace side pods on all of them. They are so poorly designed I no longer even try to remove the visor and yet they still are a breaking problem. The flimsy tabs could easily be designed not to break. I know others I ride with have them break too. I did not know about sending the helmets in and have bought the over priced replacement pods. I ride a lot of miles but when you have a $500 helmet one should not have to put up with this crap.

I am glad your experience has been better. I am just too disappointed to buy another Arai.

• Member Contributer

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed the rear top vent on my almost 4 year old Arai Vector was jammed. I registered it with Arai online, and the next day they sent me a new piece at no charge. I still haven't had the chance to replace it on the helmet, but that's beside the point. I've always heard good stuff about Arai customer service and now I've experienced it first hand.

I'm due for a new helmet next year and am still looking at Arai. Yeah, they're pricey, but I've tried on numerous brands and styles of helmets and nothing feels as good on my head as an Arai. Between the fit and the quality of liner, I haven't yet found anything else I like. Well except for Schuberth. The best liner I've ever seen by far, but they don't fit my head right.

• Member Contributer

I've had 5 Arai helmets over 30 years. Never, ever a disappointment. Worth every penny.

• Member Contributer

Used Shoei's, older Bell's and have to say the Arai is the most comfortable and best fitting helmet for me. Comfort is a really objective thing, but for the long oval shape they really have it aced. Worth every penny as stated above. :wink:

• Member Contributer

I've also dealt with them, including somewhat recently. My chin vent broke and I incorrectly called it a "black" and not a "matte" they sent a black vent...then a matte one when they looked into my registered profile. Top notch.

Archived