Favorite Parts Supplier

SinNH

• Member Contributer

I've been using Bike Bandit for a couple years, pretty fast shipper, more expensive than others I know. Had carb rebuild kits for a 72 CB350 in about a week.

Just ordered coolant hoses and stuff from Babbitts. Seem slow, and high priced shipping, three hoses, t-stat and orings equal $22 and some change.

Whats your favorite parts house.

Thanks in advance,, again. :beer:

• Member Contributer

I have just spent a couple of hours looking for the cheapest source for a set of cowls (2001 VFR800FI A). I must have checked out a couple of dozen suppliers. The best prices by a good margine was Partzilla. 34% discount and free shipping for orders over $250. I checked by phone and there is no extra charge for the large body panels. Usually, there is an extra charge for shipping these (don't ask me how I know - blush).

This will be the first time I've ordered from them. The phone call was encouraging.

PowersportsPlus.com..best prices I found for 6th gen panels and cowlings etc. RockyMountainATV and motorcylces beats the bike bandit with free shipping over? ?$100.00?. And both are fast and helpful online. Bike Bandit sumtimes beats prices of others and even with their shipping fee come out as price wnners.

Most websellers will price match also...so its worth the time to shop and compare.

• Member Contributer

PowersportsPlus.com..best prices I found for 6th gen panels and cowlings etc. RockyMountainATV and motorcylces beats the bike bandit with free shipping over? ?$100.00?. And both are fast and helpful online. Bike Bandit sumtimes beats prices of others and even with their shipping fee come out as price wnners.

Most websellers will price match also...so its worth the time to shop and compare.

Suitcase, I checked out your link and it is the same as Partzilla. Glad to here you were satisfied.

• Member Contributer

thank you guys, Powersportsplus is the site I was looking for. Somebody from here or VFRW turned me on to it a while back but I just went though a computer change and lost all my bookmarks.

Great prices and they take PP too!

:fing02:

Still waiting for the hoses for inside the V from Babbitts, been a week, no email , no nothing.

• Member Contributer

I've used cheap cycle parts, www.cheapcycleparts.com, for OEM parts in the past. No problems, good prices

• Member Contributer

For parts don't really have a favorite. It's whoever has 'em in stock, and won't gouge me on shipping. Some of that depends on where you're at, and who you're ordering from.

• Member Contributer

Powersportsplus.com/partzilla has been fantastic to deal both times I've used them. When I bought just the left side saddlebag (one of the few websites that will let you order just one side) Honda had packed it wrong with a right side. Called them up verified part number I ordered was correct and matched box and 2 days later I had correct part.

• Member Contributer

I've used cheap cycle parts, www.cheapcycleparts.com, for OEM parts in the past. No problems, good prices

Standard shipping with them is $9.99 no matter how small the item is. Prices are good though. Better than ordering it through someone I know who works for a honda dealership. I guess on hand washes the other in this case. Just make sure you don't just order a couple bolts. If that's the case, you might as well go to a dealership.

• Member Contributer

While pricing parts for the VFR rebuild I found Lake City Honda (http://www.lakecityhonda.com/) to have the best prices.

Thanks Havagan. I checked out LakeCityHonda and they were around $30 more expensive than Powersportsplus for each of the 5th gen cowl pieces I need.

Believe it or not.....

When I was rebuilding the '68 Yamaha motor the one place that had most of what I needed was boats.net. What they didn't have had to be ordered off eBay from Thailand...... where apparently 1968 motorcycles were still manufactured new in 2011.

No point to this story other than I thought it was sad that all of the major motorcycle parts places didn't deal in parts that old.

• Member Contributer

I have used www.hondapartsnation.com to purchase parts for my last bike (97 VFR750) and my current bike as well (2000 VFR800). Their prices were almost always less than bikebandit and their shipping charges were also lower. When I say shipping costs were lower you must keep in mind that I live in Canada and Bike Bandit only offers free shipping on orders over $99 within the US.

• Member Contributer

Believe it or not.....

When I was rebuilding the '68 Yamaha motor the one place that had most of what I needed was boats.net. What they didn't have had to be ordered off eBay from Thailand...... where apparently 1968 motorcycles were still manufactured new in 2011.

No point to this story other than I thought it was sad that all of the major motorcycle parts places didn't deal in parts that old.

Turns out after my recent text to you about this matter, I found this information on Boats.net.

"Boats.net is proud to introduce our new sister site, Partzilla.com!"

• 2 months later...

Suitcase, I checked out your link and it is the same as Partzilla. Glad to here you were satisfied.

Sometime in the last 7 or 8 months powersportsplus got affiliated with partzilla...when I bought my Honda OEM hard bags and brackets over a year ago...they were just plain old powersports+.

I hope their new biz model doesnt screw up their previous very competative pricing.

Generally I use Bike Bandit as well. I picked up an AMA membership this year, which offers a 10% discount on most items at the bandit. Sadly it does not apply to the Icon PDX gear, but I believe it does apply to OEM and many aftermarket parts. Plus, you know, having roadside assistance is nice. Applies to all your motorcycles and cars. It's my new condom; better to have it and not need it.

Archived