My only Gap run of the Tmac 2012

HS and I were heading down to this years Tmac and our route was a new one that brought down thru the Dragon Wen. afternoon. Starting down near the lake on the TN side and expecting to see The Man around every corner. This was my first time on the Dragon for a year or two as I generally avoid the place. HS is up there somewhere.

Near the end I thought for sure that this damn white Impala was an unmarked waiting for me to pass him, it wasn't.

Pure vid, no music or anything and a weird rattle from my bike.

• Member Contributer

It's a great run early in the morning. Strange sounds, I would definitely turn my music up to see if that fixes it. ;)

• Member Contributer

Nice video BR! I enjoyed leaning into the turns here at my kitchen table. It was great, thanks for sharing it.

Chuck

• Member Contributer

You got hitched and you do not even know? Wish I was at your stag party, must have been one hell of a booze up...... :tongue:

just-married-car.gif

It's a great run early in the morning. Strange sounds, I would definitely turn my music up to see if that fixes it. ;)

Yeah traffic was fairly low except two moving(barely) chicanes and what I thought was a LEO(white Impala).

Not sure what the rattle is, maybe chain or 100k non-adjusted vtec valves bouncing around! :rolleyes:

• Forum CEO

No I was behind ya, and I got stuck behind that same Impala forever! Who caught a tan car and the both of them together made it awfully difficult to get around them, as pull out after pull out presented itself! I finally passed in one of the stupidest passes of my motorcycling career but lucked out right before a blind left turn. I was committed with no way out at that point. I scared myself on that one! Decided to hell with trying to keep up with BR and just rolled down the rest of the dragon a bit safer and passed the rest of the slow movers with clear and safe sight lines.

Every time I tried to pass them one at a time they would bunch up and literally 3 feet between them? I could tell the Impala was getting frustrated with the Tan car and me with the both of them. I just threw caution to the wind and went around both of them on an uphill with the left turn getting ever closer and closer till finally I got around them IN THE LEFT TURN - man that was really stupid!

I got around them IN THE LEFT TURN - man that was really stupid!

Glad you survived that choice. I think most of us do stupid things once in awhile, were just lucky we get away with it.

BR

• Member Contributer

Nice vid Kevin. Glad HS made the pass without drama.

Regarding the rattle, it is obviously rpm related but I can't see your tach. Is the rpm at or past the vtec engagement point? It sounds like those idle valves are rattling upon being opened but that is just an armchair analysis from across the interweb, ymmv.

let us know what you find out, a 100k valve adjustment may be in order. :tongue:

• Member Contributer

Go-Pro with the orange thingy missing=rattle at speed?

• Member Contributer

Nice vid BR. You should include a warning in your first posting for this video to warm-up your neck musles; my neck was sore with all the leaning through the turns.

HS, luck was on your side. Wish I'd had some of that luck on NC 20 on Tuesday. Although I DID survive.

Let's all be careful out there.

Archived