It's not the GPS, it's the stator

wrestler

• Member Contributer

I have wondered why my Zumo wouldn't charge on the cradle. Today I was on my way to Strap's house to let him check out my GPS connections. I thought I smelled something burning. We checked out the RR and stator connections after we discovered there was too much current going to the RR. I need an RR and probably a stator.

Anybody got a set on their shelf??

• Member Contributer

Bummer. On the bright side though, better to find out this way, close to home than to be stranded somewhere. Tightwad should be able to fix you up in a hurry and has everything you'll need.

• Member Contributer

I have a spare 5th Gen stator that you could have rewound if you want. I think I read the 800's all are the same. There's a thread or two on here about the guy that rewinds them.

I also have an RC51 R/R, but no idea if it bolts up and has the right length wires to match yours.

Anyway, I'm not sure how you're set up for mechanical stuff, if you are DIY or not. If not, you're welcome to leave it at my place and I'll work on it.

• Member Contributer

I've got a brand new aftermarket R/R that I bought from Tightwad's shop. I bought a new bike before I needed it, so I've been meaning to sell it. PM if interested.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for responding, guys.

Monk : No this is not the same bike as in Canada. Matt Hall has that now.

Cogswell,Timmy, Kevin : Travis Joyce (Strap) and I decided to order both parts from Service Honda

He will do the install work. If I can get the parts from one of you guys more cheaply, I'll send the

Service Honda parts back. I guess this is the moto version of tag tucking.

Peace

• Member Contributer

I've got a brand new aftermarket R/R that I bought from Tightwad's shop. I bought a new bike before I needed it, so I've been meaning to sell it. PM if interested.

Thanks, Eastbowl2. I'm going with the quickest way to resolve this. We are trying to do a ride this coming Sat. and Sun. We are not yet certain we will need the RR. The stator seems to be the problem. We may have caught it in time before the RR got fried. Cogswell is right. I lucked out.

What do you mean by the Stator putting out too much power? Curious what the readings were or how to tell so I can help others in the future who may have the same issue.

Thanks for responding, guys.

Monk : No this is not the same bike as in Canada. Matt Hall has that now.

Cogswell,Timmy, Kevin : Travis Joyce (Strap) and I decided to order both parts from Service Honda

He will do the install work. If I can get the parts from one of you guys more cheaply, I'll send the

Service Honda parts back. I guess this is the moto version of tag tucking.

Peace

aftermarket parts are always cheaper(but Id stick to oem), but I wouldnt put a 5th gen stator in a 6th gen , they arent the same.

Archived