83 v45 interceptor

Guest Apittslife

Guest Apittslife

I was able to pick up my bike yesterday morning, :tour: unfortuniatly it was raining so she got rained on for the first tyme. :sad:

I had to work, so I wasn't able to take any picks till today. I uploaded them to the members gallery.

Hope to hear what everyone thinks of my Buy.

Paul

Thanks,

She is in surpisingly good shape, & starts up instantly. I have the Clutch MC off & being rebuilt, it should be back by mid-week. :thumbs up:

Until I get all my riding gear, & my motorcycle learners permit, I won't be riding her. I have a couple friends that I am sure would be willing & able to take the first ride on her & see if she drives out as good as she looks. :tour:

Paul

Well I picked up the Clutch-master on tuesday, so I re-installed it, & reverse bled the system, then I spent most of the day ( slow day at work, & have a Great Employer ) working on the bike doing all the miantianance needs, then I disposed of the old gas ( Drained it into my DD ), washed & waxed the body work, polished the black-chrome, as well as the rims. Then I set the choke, hit the starter, & nothing! The Damb battery is dead, No prob, Boss has a Bike Charger. Nope the battery is toast, & it was only a month old! :angry:

So today I get the replacement battery ( Helped the Boss install new full fairing for his Harley, yesterday. Like I said, have a great Employer ) & started the bike & took her out on a test ride :tour: , She ran like Poop. :sad: I got back & the boss told me to take her out again, & when I returned I had him take her out on a longer ride ( He has License, I don't ), after about an hour of running & riding she runs a lot better & she has stopped smoking. :cheerleader:

The only negative is a weak clutch slave, so all in all I am a very happy person.

Sincerely,

Paul

• Member Contributer

Good stuff! we need MORE pictures :tongue:

But the battery.............. did you buy it new or did someone tell you it was a new one?

Unless the little fairies came in at night, shorted it and pished in it, there is no way a battery will fail that quick methinks.....

• Member Contributer

That's good news Paul. I put in a little Seafoam every spring just to take care of any deposits today's sucky gas has left for me.

Good stuff! we need MORE pictures :tongue:

But the battery.............. did you buy it new or did someone tell you it was a new one?

Unless the little fairies came in at night, shorted it and pished in it, there is no way a battery will fail that quick methinks.....

The Battery was "New", The Interum owner installed it 2 weeks prior to my purchasing the bike. Unfortuniatly it is an autozone battery :sleep: Since I had his name & telephone # and I work at a mechanical shop I was able to get a replacement without any issues.

Me thinks as well, & I will be looking into it as I have tyme. but the battery tender will help in the short term.

It may have been caused by starting & just idling the bike, & or having a weak battery?

post-24704-0-18165500-1335622374.jpg

post-24704-0-00289700-1335622392.jpg

post-24704-0-00523400-1335622433.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'm liking the engine/frame protectors (old school sliders) Good protection, yet unobtrusive.

• 1 month later...

I took My Ole-Girl to a Car & Bike Show that Benifitted the local Shop with a Cop program.

I also took her out for a long ride thru some of the rual county roads & HWY's in the area.

This is a picture of the Old Rosewood Church.

post-24704-0-46306200-1339368116.jpg

This is of my Iron Horse in the fore-ground of some Horses.

post-24704-0-33513700-1339368142.jpg

Picture of Me on my Bike.

post-24704-0-69442700-1339368162.jpg

Archived