::: ACE MTSG - Hochiminh City - Dalat - Mui Ne for a weekend...

Guest vitethorse

Guest vitethorse

Hi there,

Nice to read your threads, trip report, and here having something nice would like to share with you...

We, ACE MTSG (Saigon Motorbike Brothers) team, are the big bike riders in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; with the favorite of big bikes, speed and all the feeling on the twisty mountain passes...

The trip had been done in Mar'11.

Here is the tracklog for the trip.

Tracklog2.jpg

Guest vitethorse

The day was Saturday, 12 March 2011.

Gathered up from 04:15AM at Saigon gate, we take about half an hour for chitchat, re-inform the route, riding rules, checking some mechanical tools, etc...

At the muster point, we are 28 bikers.

IMG_6284.jpg

IMG_6287.jpg

The oldest rider in the team, Mr. Sang (he is over 50 years old), to get there, he had gone thru more than 150km fom Ben Tre to Ho Chi Minh City to meet us up. Great guy.

IMG_6286.jpg

We departed about 4:40.

The road was not clear as expected. There are quite numbers of trucks and carries.

However, we move with quite good speed, in city, the average speed was about 80km/h.

After about 60km, there was a bike has issue with its tire, then the rider need to stop to fix, with Mr. Khanh, who always take care the most end part of the convoy.

We stoped for a while to wait our friends after getting out of the city:

IMG_6293.jpg

Hic, it took us almost half an hour...

IMG_6294.jpg

IMG_6295.jpg

Kiet - Newsol, was riding CB1000R 2010, with his Pro Camera Nikon D3s:

IMG_6292.jpg

Khoa with his Hornet600:

IMG_6296.jpg

IMG_6298.jpg

IMG_6299.jpg

One of two Ducati in the team:

IMG_6301.jpg

IMG_6303.jpg

IMG_6306.jpg

When our friends reached us, we continued with the ride...

We stop for breakfast at Baoloc, there was the place called Tam Chau - Bao Loc, almost 200km from Hochiminh City.

IMG_6312.jpg

This area is starting of highland part. The weather here very nice, it was quite cool, enough to make the girls' cheeks turned pink...

IMG_6313.jpg

IMG_6315.jpg

Minh - GSXR1K rider:

IMG_6308.jpg

Here was where we have breakfast. It was so nice, because of the very cool weather, and further more, we was so hungry... eheh

IMG_6311.jpg

Our bikes took some more rests...

IMG_6316.jpg

Then prepare to go next...

IMG_6319.jpg

Blue - (Ms. Minh) - the only lady rider in the team.

With 125cc motorcross, she made us and many others surprised with her energy, ability and the concentration... She departed a title sooner than us, did not need to stop for waiting with us....

And now, she done the breakfast, then took the early depart (you can see the guys looking at her from the stair):

IMG_6320.jpg

Blue, with the admiration of the local highland guys:

IMG_6321.jpg

Then we also made ourselves ready:

IMG_6323.jpg

IMG_6327.jpg

Touring (Khoa) - with his girlfriend, a very nice couple in the team:

IMG_6328.jpg

(to be continued....)

• Forum CEO

I would be very interested in any pictures of the ride, I have an uncle who was a vietnam war vet who told me about how beautiful the country side is there. He wasnt too fond of the fighting but he said he hiked all over vietnam on duty and said he thought it was a pretty place.

OPPS wrote too soon the pics came later

• Member Contributer

Great pics and a nice mix of bikes. I look forward to seeing the rest of them.

Guest vitethorse

I would be very interested in any pictures of the ride, I have an uncle who was a vietnam war vet who told me about how beautiful the country side is there. He wasnt too fond of the fighting but he said he hiked all over vietnam on duty and said he thought it was a pretty place.

OPPS wrote too soon the pics came later

Thanks for the nice words.

We are friendly people ever and don't mention much about the wounds in the past. We are proud of the strong and brave history... with that history, we now could ride freely along our beautiful country.

Come to Vietnam, and you can feel the friendship of the people, the beauty of the life and nature sight...

Guest vitethorse

We was ready to depart after the breakfast, to leave the peace behind to the highland province, as it is

IMG_6329.jpg

IMG_6331.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

Wow, how can the colors matched that way...!!??

IMG_6337.jpg

Hey, depart now!

IMG_6338.jpg

I took all the photos during the trip using the CanonA620, which is 6 years old, scratchs everywhere, my son sometimes pee on that... hehe. It is still functioning so well...

IMG_6339.jpg

(to be continued...)

Thank you so much for sharing. I think most riders in your country are using smaller bikes and scooters such as the fellow on the right:

IMG_6293.jpg

There must not be too many large bikes such as yours?

Keep posting, we like to see the adventures you have. :fing02:

Thank you so much for sharing. I think most riders in your country are using smaller bikes and scooters such as the fellow on the right:

There must not be too many large bikes such as yours?

Keep posting, we like to see the adventures you have. :fing02:

Yes, you rite on the first statement. Most of the people using their own scooters or small bikes as daily transportation means, for traveling, for carrying things...

There are quite numbers of big bikes in Vietnam, and especially in Hanoi and Hochiminh City now, as the law has openned to the importation of big bikes and luxury cars.

For some photos of big bikes in HCMC, you can take a look HERE, and HERE.

For some photos of sport cars, you can visit HERE.

• Member Contributer

GPS and the speedometer, which one to believe ...? hehe

GPS..... :laughing6-hehe:

d0551d85.jpg

and oh!

Chào mừng bạn đến với VFRD từ Hà Lan :biggrin:

IMG_6303.jpg

That is a nice assortment of bikes you got there and they seem to be turning quite a few heads too. :biggrin:

Great pics and trip report, thank for sharing :fing02:

I saw the Top Gear Vietnam special (where they ride bikes from Ho Chi Minh City to Ha Long) and it showed how beautifull Vietnam is and that there are some very nice mountain roads. I would love to do a motorcycle trip there :wheel:

• Member Contributer

Great Report Viethorse! :cheerleader: Thank you.

Many years ago I drove beaucoup miles in Vietnam north of "Saigon" in something almost identical to this.

2764635190099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

Maybe I need to go back and rent a dual sport. Your country is indeed beautiful. As I remember it there were many many small motorbikes and it looks like small is still in. Well done to you big bike riders!

Ride Safe. :fing02: Thanks again for the Report!

GPS..... :laughing6-hehe:

and oh!

Chào mừng bạn đến với VFRD từ Hà Lan :biggrin:

Hartelijk dank en welkom op Vietnam!

That is a nice assortment of bikes you got there and they seem to be turning quite a few heads too. :biggrin:

Great pics and trip report, thank for sharing :fing02:

I saw the Top Gear Vietnam special (where they ride bikes from Ho Chi Minh City to Ha Long) and it showed how beautifull Vietnam is and that there are some very nice mountain roads. I would love to do a motorcycle trip there :wheel:

East side of Vietnam is seaside and the delta.

West side of Vietnam are all highlands, mountains.

There are quite numbers of road connecting West and East side with the direction West-East. All of them are very twisty road, mountain passes and very attractive to any bikers...

Great Report Viethorse! :cheerleader: Thank you.

Many years ago I drove beaucoup miles in Vietnam north of "Saigon" in something almost identical to this.

Maybe I need to go back and rent a dual sport. Your country is indeed beautiful. As I remember it there were many many small motorbikes and it looks like small is still in. Well done to you big bike riders!

Ride Safe. :fing02: Thanks again for the Report!

Thank you... especially for the camera mounting infor. I 'd love to buy one from US. Shipping to Vietnam may be an issue...hic...

However, let's continue with my riding...

(cont'd...)

On the way, wondered where our only lady rider gone,... as we found quite long way but did not catch her...

Finally, got her in the frame...

The 125cc bike was not be able to get more than 100km/h even though Blue try to twist the throttle.... hehe...

IMG_6386.jpg

Take it easy, Blue. We 'll see u up there... you are great!!! :clap:

IMG_6390.jpg

IMG_6387.jpg

IMG_6388.jpg

The old BMW racer. Was very reliable. He was getting 180km/h on the highway. But believe me, if it is breakdown, that's really nightmare... as there are not many spare parts available...

IMG_6391.jpg

IMG_6394.jpg

IMG_6396.jpg

IMG_6398.jpg

IMG_6400.jpg

(to be continued...)

Do you have more pictures of the handlebars on your VFR? It looks like you are using bar risers and a chrome tubular handlebar?

Yes, you rite. That was not helibars.

It has been replaced by a SS tubular handlebar as the helibars could not be lowered, but the tubular handlebar. When lowering the handlebar, the bike looks more sporty, the riding feeling like as a sportbike, not a sport-touring bike. One additional reason is I had not frequently taken long ride, so the sporty handlebar was not making me feel tired.

Here is how it looks like:

dsc0047small.jpg

Keep going... keep riding on...

IMG_6401.jpg

IMG_6403.jpg

Some soft bends...

IMG_6404.jpg

IMG_6408.jpg

Hic... From that point , feel so sorry and sorrow for the low quality hand-gloves. They was too hard and tense, so when riding on Bảo Lộc mountain pass I was unable to take any photo. It was a very nice pass, with newly renovated road.

Phanbatrac with his "Hybrid bike" - the one consumed the lowest gasoline amount:

IMG_6410.jpg

IMG_6413.jpg

Oops... looked like a crows:

IMG_6416.jpg

IMG_6418.jpg

IMG_6421.jpg

The hydro-power plant on the right:

IMG_6424.jpg

IMG_6425.jpg

IMG_6427.jpg

Let's think if you have to see all the photos as below!! How will your neck would be?? Sorry for that, hehe, bcos I was taking photos by left hand while driving. I did put some modification to the photos to ensure your necks are all fine - so... thank me! hehe... :smile1:

IMG_6428.jpg

(to be continued...)

• Member Contributer

Thank you for the ride report and so many photos! The background of the photos is just as interesting as the main subject in many of them. I was surprised at the variety of large motorcycles in your group as well as how many of you were dressed properly for a ride. Keep the reports coming. They're great!

Thank you for the ride report and so many photos! The background of the photos is just as interesting as the main subject in many of them. I was surprised at the variety of large motorcycles in your group as well as how many of you were dressed properly for a ride. Keep the reports coming. They're great!

Yeah. We are proud that ACE MTSG team is one of the best organized big bike team in Vietnam. We never on a ride like that without full gear. We follow our pre-arranged convoy. We also dedicated some better one ride at front, at the back and up and down as libero.

===============================================

Let's continue with the tour...

[/i] IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

IMG_6434.jpg

IMG_6435.jpg

Is that guy dancing?

IMG_6448.jpg

Guess what bike is that??

IMG_6449.jpg

Looks crazy huh!

IMG_6445.jpg

This guy - Hung - Singaporeman - installed a Camcorder on his Helmet...

IMG_6449.jpg

Hic... I dont have any photo during my riding... Bcos I am the "photo taker.." ... hic...

IMG_6451.jpg

(... to be continued..)

Starting point of Liên Khương Dalat Highway:

IMG_6453.jpg

Arrange the team, ready for hi-speed:

IMG_6456.jpg

IMG_6458.jpg

Worrying??

IMG_6459.jpg

Go straight to Dalat, turn left to Dacklak, that road was amazing as I was experienced sometimes, day and night, almost offroad.. hehe..

IMG_6460.jpg

Ready?

IMG_6462.jpg

Let's go:

IMG_6463.jpg

IMG_6464.jpg

From then, I concentrated on my throttle and the road... My bike was speed limited then she could not get over 187km/h... haizz.... what a pity...

There were some guys got more than 250km/h...

(to be continued...)

How are the police? And do they care much if you are speeding?

What are the speed limits on the roads you were travelling?

Also, how much do the police fine you, or do they just impound your motorcycle?

Archived