Who looks forward to Monday morning because they commute on their bike?

• Member Contributer

Just wondering how many others out there have a better attitude toward going to work on Monday morning because they get to start their day with a nice ride? Is the ride pleasurable or is it a battle through traffic?

I know for me personally, I look forward to starting the week/day with a nice run through a tight twisty back road that let's me shift gears between home and work. The same shift (reversed) occurs on the way home where I have a bit of time to unwind while making my way home. The wife even says I'm calmer and happier when I commute on my bike as opposed to the cage.

Is it just me? Of course not. How do you view the commute?

BC

• Member Contributer

I definitely look forward to the ride home! Being stuck in a big slow truck on the highway all day makes me appreciate the bike even more! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Mondays suck.

Ride to work is small consolation with 90deg. turns, traffic and no A/C.

The near 100 deg temperatures and my personal AGAT philosophy has made the commute a lot less attractive lately. :blink:

This^^^

Either way, Mondays suck, but as soon as I pull out of the garage I forget it's Monday for about 25 minutes on the way in to work!

Guest Kinkead26

Agreed Monday's always suck, but it also means the 1 hour ride to the other local office for my work. I only go to this site on Mondays, so that means EXTRA time on the VFR :cheerleader: My normal commute is only 30 mins.

• Member Contributer

All things considered, I always rather commute on the VFR than drive. In Atlanta rush hour traffic, you better have your mental 'A' game with you in both the morning and evening. It's still enjoyable, but it's 30 miles (one way) of paying attention to every detail of what's happening around you. Not that you shouldn't all the time, but it's certainly a different feel than a Saturday afternoon jaunt in the countryside.

Chuck

Look forward to getting up and taking the ride in the morning... hate the ride home now... in evenings the heat 100 degrees plus is almost unbearable wearing a helmet...NOTE almost will always wear a helmet. Just have to go faster

• Member Contributer

I have a 1 hour commute through crappy Boston traffic jams (the problem with Boston is, that there is NO way to avoid the traffic). With the heat up and sitting gridlocked moving at about 5-10mph, I didnt like the traffic. Then it speeds up before slamming the brakes again (traffic standing waves).

I created a less traveled route - much longer distance but 35-40mph through some little towns with lots of farms and country to see. I now LOOK FORWARD to the ride in, and yep, its a nice break to start the day as well as wrap it up. The long route, as you say, is preferred

And hello to the white VFR in the Chipolte parking lot in Woburn the other day.....

• Member Contributer

I guess that I look forward to every day, since my car is in storage until it snows... :laughing6-hehe: But I do like riding the VFR much more than the commuter.....unless it's raining then I like the huge Vetter Fairing.

The Two wheel commute is the only way to go...even if lane splitting is illegal here, going side to side over the white line isn't :fing02:

Gary

• Member Contributer

Any chance to ride is a good thing for me, even if it involves being in traffic. Jams are more frustrating when you're in cage!

I'm kind of bummed that I only work 3 miles from home. It takes twice as long to ride (gearing up & down). The danger and time isn't worth it.

That said, I still put at least as many miles on the VFR as I do on the car. The VFR miles are 90% balls out twisties :).

• Member Contributer

Sadly, with a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old at home, I often get to ride more during the week if I commute than on the weekends. Corrects my monday attitude very well though.

Isn't that the truth. I didn't ride at all this weekend but took my 6 year old son boating instead. Between him and the wife, not much time for riding on the weekend sometimes.

Archived