Any GOOD online deals on Pilot Powers right now?

KanadianKen

Seems its been awhile since I bought my last set of Pilot Powers - and I'm looking to order a new set online.

Anyone know of good deals on right now?

I checked out Southwest Moto - but they are out of stock on the front.

???

thanks.

• Member Contributer

I just bought a PR2 rear and PP2 front from Jake Wilson, $235 shipped to my door. Front PP2 was $93. The only difference I've seen between the PP2 rear and the PR2 rear has been mileage, they seem to stick just as well.

http://www.jakewilson.com/ 2-day free shipping too.

• Member Contributer

Ken call Royal Distributing, they have there tent sale on right now, 2CT in the VFR size for $267 for the pair and no HST as well, until this Sunday.

I was at the Whitby store yesterday and they had just sold out, so maybe Guelph or Innisfil has some. You'd have to go pick them up, but thats 40% off MSRP.

• Member Contributer

I just bought a rear for $110.99 delivered from Jake Wilson.

Didn't price the fronts, but a friend bought a 110/70 for like $90 shipped. ( I think it's $100 minimum for free shipping. +$7 if under)

• Member Contributer

Try Derby Cycles. Powers are about $200 a set.

Until you add shipping. Derby was $240 for a set. Motorcycle Superstore was cheaper shipped ($214), and they get here in 3-4 days.

• Member Contributer

Try Derby Cycles. Powers are about $200 a set.

Until you add shipping. Derby was $240 for a set. Motorcycle Superstore was cheaper shipped ($214), and they get here in 3-4 days.

If you just want the original PP f&r, Jake Wilson is $198 shipped to your door.

• Member Contributer

I am surprised that the Q2 from Dunlop has not caught on among the members of VFR-D. If you are going to run a performance tire you should really try them.

The Michelins are a very good tire. But after having used the Q2 on my other bike, they will be on the VFR once the current set of Powers is done.

• Member Contributer

I am surprised that the Q2 from Dunlop has not caught on among the members of VFR-D. If you are going to run a performance tire you should really try them.

The Michelins are a very good tire. But after having used the Q2 on my other bike, they will be on the VFR once the current set of Powers is done.

I would say they have a bad reputation to overcome. I ran a few sets of Qualifiers, and was always completely disappointed with their performance. Pretty much the opposite of their 208GPs.

• Member Contributer

Hi Jeremy.......have not seen you here for a while.

You may be right. The original Qualifier was a pretty lousy tire compared to the competition at the time and they got a bad name.

The Q2 however is getting great reviews. Hard to believe it's from the same company.

• 2 weeks later...

I have stuck with the stock Battalax 020's on my 2003, changed just the front one last year but now need to change the rear too. Has anyone mixed brands? I've had such good luck with Michelin tires on my trucks and cars, I'm wondering about going with a Michelin rear and leaving the 020 which is almost new on the front. Opinions?

• Member Contributer

I have stuck with the stock Battalax 020's on my 2003, changed just the front one last year but now need to change the rear too. Has anyone mixed brands? I've had such good luck with Michelin tires on my trucks and cars, I'm wondering about going with a Michelin rear and leaving the 020 which is almost new on the front. Opinions?

As long a s you stick with similar profiles, and compounds you should be OK. The Battlax 020 is a sport-touring tire so is likely more comparable to a Pilot Road than a Pilot Power. Don't know about the exact profiles, but ST tires usually have a more rounded profile as opposed to an elliptical like the powers.

I don't like to mix brands myself, but I do have an SV in the garage right now with a Dunlop Q2 rear, and a PP front. It seems to handle fine, but I haven't pushed it very hard since it's not my bike. Do your homework.

The 020's were a decent tire 15 years ago, there is Sooo much better tires out there than that tire! Try something newer from Bridgestone like the BT021 or BT023. They will last longer, grip better both wet & dry and handle better! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

You may be right. The original Qualifier was a pretty lousy tire compared to the competition at the time and they got a bad name.

The Q2 however is getting great reviews. Hard to believe it's from the same company.

Went and picked up a new Power front at cycle gear today and looked at the Q2. Feels like they quit making them out of steel; might have to try them out sometime.

• Member Contributer

Went and picked up a new Power front at cycle gear today and looked at the Q2. Feels like they quit making them out of steel; might have to try them out sometime.

:laughing6-hehe:

Hows the price compare?

• Member Contributer

Hows the price compare?

Picked up my last set from Motomummy for 199 bucks shipped.

My buddy Kerry just mounted up a new Q2 on his fancy & light weight Marccinni's(?) on his GSXR and teh rear took 2 1/2 oz to balance, he wasn't happy! :blush:

I never could figure out how Dunlop could produce some excellent & long lasting DOT race tires, but could never make a decent street tire! :blink:

I know how Johnmark rides and if he likes them I believe their good tires! :fing02:

I would have tried a set this last time, but I could get my current fav the PP/PR2 combo for only $10 more the the untried Q2's so I went with the known! :cool:

BR

• Member Contributer

Hows the price compare?

Q2's?

• Member Contributer

I just got this from Motorcycle Superstore:

11-05-16_tiresale_top_06.gif

I'm not sure what the actual cost would be... do your own research.

With the discount and free shipping for pp/pr2 is $228.60 not bad .

The 020's were a decent tire 15 years ago, there is Sooo much better tires out there than that tire! Try something newer from Bridgestone like the BT021 or BT023. They will last longer, grip better both wet & dry and handle better! :fing02:

Thanks for the input guys. I will give your suggestions a look.

• Member Contributer

Hows the price compare?

Q2's?

Yes.

Archived